Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

Old March 31st 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:51:42 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

Actually, it's not at all surprising. If your money management skills
are so poor that you're playing the lottery in the first place, it
follows that you won't be able to manage the jackpot. Anybody with
reasonable money management skills doesn't play in the first place.

You misphrased that. You should say that if your money management
skill are so bad that you can't afford a lottery ticket then you
shouldn't be playing in the first place.

Vote for Palin-brown in 2012. repeal the nightmares.

Old March 31st 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 30, 6:51*pm, Walt wrote:
On 3/30/2011 2:14 PM, Ted Waldron wrote:

*Richard Henry wrote:
On Mar 30, 6:47 am, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/29/2011 09:27 PM, Walt wrote:
On 3/28/2011 6:49 PM, wrote:
I had a winner on the lottery today.
The lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.
I heard it another way:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

If they taxed stupidity, we wouldn't have to ever worry about the
deficit. *I can think of some people who'd be able to fund the entire
defense budget by themselves.

Imagine if we also taxed cowardice? The assholes in this ********
would see their tax bills double!
Clue time, you stupid coward. Stupid people don't have much money.
Unless they win the lottery.
Old March 31st 11, 04:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 30, 9:08*pm, downhill wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:51:42 -0400, *wrote
this crap:

Actually, it's not at all surprising. *If your money management skills
are so poor that you're playing the lottery in the first place, it
follows that you won't be able to manage the jackpot. *Anybody with
reasonable money management skills doesn't play in the first place.

You misphrased that. *You should say that if your money management
skill are so bad that you can't afford a lottery ticket then you
shouldn't be playing in the first place.

If you are living I can dream and I have a dollar you are in sad shape.
Much like counting your years till you retire and not lasting a year
after you retire before they bury you.
Never met any one with a silly amount of money that was really happy.

Better watch out, Walt is going to tax stupid, and you're gonna pay a
lot.
Old March 31st 11, 11:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:08:25 -0400, downhill
wrote this crap:

You misphrased that. You should say that if your money management
skill are so bad that you can't afford a lottery ticket then you
shouldn't be playing in the first place.

If you are living I can dream and I have a dollar you are in sad shape.
Much like counting your years till you retire and not lasting a year
after you retire before they bury you.

I retired over a year ago. I'm looking forward to many more years of
retirement.

Never met any one with a silly amount of money that was really happy.

Either you don't know many people or those you know have no money.
Stop by my yacht club sometime and I'll introduce you to some wealthy
happy people.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old March 31st 11, 01:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Mar 30, 10:08*pm, downhill wrote:
Never met any one with a silly amount of money that was really happy.

Really???? Even in your industry? I know plenty.

Old March 31st 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

pigo wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:08 pm, wrote:
Never met any one with a silly amount of money that was really happy.

Really???? Even in your industry? I know plenty.

I have lived between long Island gold coast sands point, kings point,
old brookville and upper west side two building away from dakota. Not
one person with money has ever told me that having money was the answer
to every thing mostly it turned into a pain in the ass.
The people in pro racing are spending other peoples money, except for
the guy who won the lottery and bought a nascar truck team but he is
looking for more sponsors to keep the program going.

If you are not used to money winning the lottery will not help. I have
never gotten wrapped up in money as it being the driving force for my
selection. I have many times picked interesting lower paying work vs
high dollar boring **** like wall street.
Money is not the answer that those with out it think it is. Being happy
with life takes more effort than just having money and it comes with
more baggage than you realize.

As I have mumbled before people have different experiences with things
and if you search the internet you will find some story that will match
your expectations.
Old March 31st 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:37:28 -0400, down_hill
wrote this crap:

What A bunch of drunks at the VFW.

I do not mean wealthy well past that. Simple question how many bentleys,
ferraris, Porsche and aston martins drive by your house daily?

I don't know. I don't spend time looking out the window.

Look up
Sands Point LI

Why should I?

Some of the people I hang out with spend in a weekend what you get for
the whole year in retirement pay.

Why would they hang out with you? From your grammar you don't appear
to be an educated person, and I seriously doubt that you are a wealthy
person.

Plus your ideas are skewed you continue to argue with it like there will
be a difference.

I have been to detroit,made the cops a little crazy. So if you want to
get educated and see a different point come to NY.

I've been there. I was a NYC fashion model.

I will pop for dinner
give you a tour and we can see who knows more wealthy people. If you
want me to introduce you to some of the silly wealthy ones we need to go
to a vintage event at a race track.

I don't play the ponies. Instead I enjoy a good sailboat race.

If you need a reference I know the local VFW commander and I would be
happy to provide his name and #.

Thanks for the invitation but I will decline. To me you're just words
on a screen.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old March 31st 11, 03:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 3/31/2011 12:29 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/30/11 18:51, Walt wrote:

Actually, it's not at all surprising. If your money management skills
are so poor that you're playing the lottery in the first place, it
follows that you won't be able to manage the jackpot. Anybody with
reasonable money management skills doesn't play in the first place.

Testify, brother. My mom sent me out to buy a ticket when the total
reached something ridiculous, but that was only a few times.

Well, even when the total reaches something ridiculous, the expected
value will still be negative.

If the expected value becomes positive, I'll play. It never will.
Lotteries are particularly bad since their expected value is usually in
the range of -.5, meaning you lose roughly half of what you wager in the
long run. If you factor in the taxes you owe on the winnings, it's even
worse.

And if you don't understand the term "expected value", you shouldn't be
gambling.

//Walt