Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

Old September 6th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
M.E.T.

Default Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

V2 users, how do you guys increase resistance on your aero 150's?

(1) Speed reducer

or

(2) adjust tire pressure

Just askin'
Old September 6th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
john

On Sep 6, 2:51*pm, "M.E.T." wrote:
V2 *users, how do you guys increase resistance on your aero 150's?

(1) Speed reducer

or

(2) adjust tire pressure

Just askin'

they seem to do well for me at 90 psi's, they are pretty fast but I'm
getting a workout and they are plenty stable. Once I hit the hills,
I'm working extra hard. I'm happy with them right out of the box.
Old September 6th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
john

On Sep 6, 2:51*pm, "M.E.T." wrote:
V2 *users, how do you guys increase resistance on your aero 150's?

(1) Speed reducer

or

(2) adjust tire pressure

Just askin'

sorry, I did not read your question, I reduce the pressure some, the
speed reducers are annoying to skate w/ for me
Old September 7th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Sep 6, 12:51*pm, "M.E.T." wrote:
V2 *users, how do you guys increase resistance on your aero 150's?

(1) Speed reducer

or

(2) adjust tire pressure

Just askin'

I've been confused about this. I thought that the Jenex folks said not
to reduce the tire pressure. But then I see in the Eagle River
catalogue that you can adjust the speed that way. I use the speed
reducers, but I'm not crazy about them.
Old September 7th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
john

On Sep 6, 11:33*pm, wrote:
On Sep 6, 12:51*pm, "M.E.T." wrote:

V2 *users, how do you guys increase resistance on your aero 150's?

(1) Speed reducer

or

(2) adjust tire pressure

Just askin'

I've been confused about this. I thought that the Jenex folks said not
to reduce the tire pressure. But then I see in the Eagle River
catalogue that you can adjust the speed that way. I use the speed
reducers, but I'm not crazy about them.

I tried the reducers today on my 150's while skating on flat ground,
they are sort of annoying, as the front wheel grabs when you set the
ski down. It did not feel very natural, but maybe you get used to it
after a while. They do seem to be a pretty fast ski, I wonder about
those new wheels they have with the internal speed reducers.

What a strange product line they have, seems like they dream up new
products and just kind of take them to market willy nilly.
Old September 7th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

In article ,
wrote:
I've been confused about this. I thought that the Jenex folks said not
to reduce the tire pressure.

I've heard that about the 125s but not, I think, about the
150s. It's my impression that the 150s haven't had nearly
the problems with flatting and whatnot tha the 125s have
had.

Old September 7th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

speed reducers.

tire pressure affects the resistance, but not even close as
substantially as the speed reducers.
Old September 7th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

It did not feel very natural

How natural do you want it to be? Like car breaks? Or bike breaks?
Come on.

Rollerskiing is un-natural enough not to be worried about little
annoyances like speed reducers. You can get used to it (if you
persist).

I am quite happy with the 150 Aeros, got my pair in ~2001, they still
are going strong.

Old September 8th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
john

On Sep 7, 7:13*pm, "
wrote:
It did not feel very natural

How natural do you want it to be? Like car breaks? Or bike breaks?
Come on.

Them's the breaks I guess. I was more concerned with the braking
effect of the speed reducers that with anything breaking, but I
appreciate your concerns, I really do.
Old September 9th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Frank Netto

On the flats I set the speed reducer to 1, has a good snow like feel
for me, uphills I use none and it's a good workout. On downhills I set
it to 3, this slows it way down and I can get down any hill without
worrying about crashing, again I'm only worried about getting down the
hill. The 150s have opened up several new training roads because of
the speed reducers, and many of the roads I frequented have gotten
chewed up, the 150 wheels smooth them right out.

I always keep them at 90psi, I think there was a problem with flats
for those that didn't keep it at the pressure, second year using them,
no flats so far

Frank

Speed poll Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 1 May 23rd 07 08:09 PM
A personal poll [email protected] Alpine Skiing 17 March 12th 07 03:31 PM
Goggle Lens Materials and Scratch Resistance [email protected] Alpine Skiing 3 January 2nd 07 03:05 PM
Please compare to this Skike video to V2 150's? Jan Gerrit Klok Nordic Skiing 6 August 21st 06 11:35 PM