Mill's Race TR

Old June 8th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Mill's Race TR

To my fellow adventures. What follows is a Trip Report of my weekend
including the prestigious invitational Mill's Race.

I started out Friday morning packing my gear for the race. I sold one
of my boats in the afternoon. The buyer kept asking if he could crew
with us on the Mill's Race, but alas, we had a full crew.

Friday evening we began our journey. We had a great start, and after
eighteen miles we were the first boat to the mark. We had passed
every boat that started ahead of us.

Usually on the second leg, fourteen miles, we are passing a parade of
boats, but this time it felt good to be in the lead. Only three boats
passed us.

At the finish we were certain we took a second, but a boat behind us
corrected on us. We took third place. A very good performance.

Out of a starting fleet of 170 boats, one should be happy with a third
place finish. We were. My mother was. She didn't raise any losers.

Then I plundered the cashbox at the Boardwalk, and bought my crew the
lobster bisque, pizza at Frostie's, and cases of wine from the
Heineman Winery.

No storms, no sea monsters this year. A very enjoyable race. Be the
best and tell others to be their best. I can teach anyone to be a
leader. I can teach anyone to be a winner. I even teach that piratey
stuff so you can bring honor, glory, and treasure to your village.

The results can be seen at www.toledoyachtclub.com

And vote for Palin-Ahhnold in 2012

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old June 9th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Jun 8, 6:24*pm, A mighty Hungarian wrote:
snip

Congratulations are in order. Last week I was at a ski racing camp at
Mt. Hood. The first really serious skiing since my back surgery. All
went very well. The surgeon even wants a picture from the camp to hang
in his office. While there, there was the usual wildlife - deer, bald
eagles, osprey, rattlesnakes. I even saw a cougar (mountain lion)
close up in the wild (I was in a car). Some guy attempted to follow
it into the forest. I told him that it wasn't a good idea since
cougars have been known to use humans as a food source. Better to let
it go on its way. As a small plug, my nephew, Andrew Dutterer,
manages a huge fly fishing store in Maupin, OR, on the Deschutes River
- Deschutes Angling. If you are ever in the area of the Deschutes and
need information or equipment (they also rent), they can help. Andrew
spends almost all his waking time exploring (when not working) the
area. He has really gotten to know it well. Right now he's looking for
undiscovered Native American pictographs in the Deschutes area.

Old June 9th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 05:16:47 -0700 (PDT), Clarencedarrow
wrote this crap:

On Jun 8, 6:24*pm, A mighty Hungarian wrote:
snip

Congratulations are in order.

Thank you, fine adventurer, and explorer, and warrior.

ast week I was at a ski racing camp at
Mt. Hood. The first really serious skiing since my back surgery. All
went very well. The surgeon even wants a picture from the camp to hang
in his office.

That was highly kind of him. Always be the best and tell others to be
their best. That's leadership. Show others what leadership is all
about. You can bring honor and glory among your people.

Right now he's looking for
undiscovered Native American pictographs in the Deschutes area.

Always bring treasure back to your village, Clarence. Be the best,
and tell others to be their best. That's part of leadership. And
I've taught leadership for over thirty years. That's what Ronald
Reagan would have wanted.

And vote for Palin-Ahnold in 2012.

Old June 9th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jun 9, 5:16*am, Clarencedarrow
wrote:
[...]

Once again, Vincent Walker shows what a pathetic coward he is. Three
hours away. Didn't have the balls to show up and spew his **** in
person.
He has stalked me in real life, written defamatory and stalking emails
to people who he thought employed me, lied to cops and a judge, etc.
He has threatened my life and encouraged others to harm me. But he
sure as hell isn't man enough to make good on his threats. What a
pathetic, miserable excuse for a man!
I'll stop by his cousin's shop and tell him all about the insane
stalking of Dickless Vincent Walker.
What is truly amusing is that I've seen Vinnie ski. Given his history
of being involuntarily committed to mental institutions, the notion of
Walker racing is truly crazy. He qualifies for the Special Olympics,
given his mental health history, and that's the only place he'd win a
race.
Old June 9th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jun 9, 6:22*am, down_hill wrote:
Clarencedarrow wrote:
On Jun 8, 6:24 pm, A mighty Hungarian wrote:
snip

Congratulations are in order. Last week I was at a ski racing camp at
Mt. Hood. The first really serious skiing since my back surgery. All
went very well

Which racing camp?

Special Olympics. Vinnie can't ski for ****. Makes me look like a
Mahre.
Old June 9th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 8, 3:24*pm, A mighty Hungarian wrote:
[...]

The results can be seen atwww.toledoyachtclub.com

And vote for Palin-Ahhnold in 2012

* * * * * * *

* * * * * *A mighty Hungarian warrior
* * * *The blood of Attila runs through me

Second place is the first loser.
Old June 9th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:25:05 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Second place is the first loser.

And where were you? No place is the loser.

Stick your finger up your butt while I teach the good people about
leadership, dumbass.

A third place finish among a 170 fleet is nothing to sneeze about,
dumbass. I would have been happy with a 50th place finish, dumbass.

Winning isn't everything, but last place doesn't get you drinks at the
bar, dumbass.

Always be the best, and tell others to be their best, dumbass. That's
leadership, and I'm always teaching leadership, dumbass.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahnold in 2012, dumbass.

Old June 10th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
A third place finish among a 170 fleet is nothing to sneeze about,
dumbass. I would have been happy with a 50th place finish, dumbass.

But you weren't in a 170 boat fleet. You were in the Jam D class with
eight other boats.

http://www.yachtscoring.com/event_re...mber=1&eID=252

That said, third out of nine is a very respectable showing. I'm off to
the North American Championships this weekend, and I'll be very very
happy if I finish in the top third of the fleet.

There are about 300 boats entered in the regatta, and my fleet has
around 50. You haven't lived until you've started on a 50 boat starting
line.

//Walt
Old June 10th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Walt" wrote in message
news
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
A third place finish among a 170 fleet is nothing to sneeze about,
dumbass. I would have been happy with a 50th place finish, dumbass.

But you weren't in a 170 boat fleet. You were in the Jam D class with
eight other boats.

http://www.yachtscoring.com/event_re...mber=1&eID=252

That said, third out of nine is a very respectable showing. I'm off to
the North American Championships this weekend, and I'll be very very happy
if I finish in the top third of the fleet.

There are about 300 boats entered in the regatta, and my fleet has around
50. You haven't lived until you've started on a 50 boat starting line.

//Walt

Being and teaching leadership is also about telling the truth and yes
sometimes a leader needs to stretch the truth to get his/her troops to
perform their best and then some.

What you did was not that it was stretching the truth to boast and that is
not what a good leader does, dumbass.

This is how you lose face with your troops, now learn from your
transgression and become a great leader, dumbass.

3rd place team is always good no matter how many other teams are competing,
no need to glamorize it tell it like it was, dumbass.

Now back to leadership training...

JQ
Dancing on the edge

One winter race SkiFit Nordic Skiing 4 August 30th 07 10:15 PM
Thanks To All Who CAme to Garnet RAce ADK Skier Nordic Skiing 0 March 31st 07 07:23 PM
torrent race Janne G Nordic Skiing 0 January 14th 06 07:51 PM
first race 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 1 November 19th 05 12:22 PM
First Race Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 11 January 7th 04 06:47 PM