Making lines

Old May 1st 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default Making lines

On May 1, 3:20 am, "ant"
wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
Lines/tracks of flatboarding/flatskiing 1,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

The lines converge and then diverge, skis going all over the place. There's
smears, and then 2 lines where one ski was plainly weighted a lot more than
the other.

Not sure if the conceited self blinded your sight or just you need to
learn how to read/trace the line first; there's no "diverge" in the
"line" shown.

I guess getting them to go at all on such a flat-looking slope
is worthy of note.

Or you don't know how to read video clips is worth the note?

IS

--
ant

Old May 1st 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On May 1, 8:42 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Totally agree. Trying to make two infinitely close lines all the way
down the groomed snoozer is an exercise in vanity. A boring one too.

Boring person, boring mind?

A commonly used and and pathetic cop-out. I simply find your
incredible egotistic bravado about this ''technique'' of yours rather
unimpressive. You prioritize style over substance.

I'd much rather find my own way of getting down (and up) a line like
the one Armin posted above in this thread, rather than obsess over the
aethetics of my lines on a groomed snoozer. No matter what the lines
look like...It's still a groomed snoozer.

Old May 1st 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 1, 7:49*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On May 1, 3:20 am, "ant"
wrote:

taichiskiing wrote:
Lines/tracks of flatboarding/flatskiing 1,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

The lines converge and then diverge, skis going all over the place. There's
smears, and then 2 lines where one ski was plainly weighted a lot more than
the other.

Not sure if the conceited self blinded your sight or just you need to
learn how to read/trace the line first; there's no "diverge" in the
"line" shown.

Yes there is.

*I guess getting them to go at all on such a flat-looking slope
is worthy of note.

Or you don't know how to read video clips is worth the note?

Projection.
Old May 1st 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 1, 7:42*am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Boring person, boring mind?

Ah, I see your are starting to "get it".

Old May 1st 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Armin

On Apr 30, 7:15*pm, DaveM wrote:
(Meaning to reply to the "normal" post)

Things must have stabilized nicely then. Wern't too much skiing 'round
there when we were up.

Nice shot too.

Yup, conditions were bomber. Otherwise we wouldn't have skied that
line. As a matter of fact, the snow was just about perfect powder.
Old May 1st 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Armin

On Apr 30, 5:26*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Armin wrote:
Hey, if we're posting pictures of lines, I have one.

This was last Saturdays run at Whitewater. Green line was our route
up, red line was our route down. The snow was (suprisingly for a sunny
April 28th day) very, very nice powder. Sunny, no wind, not too warm,
not too cold and perfect powder conditions.

http://www3.telus.net/armin/lines.jpg

Were you flatboarding?

I can truthfully state that once I dropped off the ridge I never set
an edge unitl I got to the bottom... it was bottomless powder all the
way! ;-)
Old May 1st 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 1, 6:50 am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On May 1, 8:42 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Totally agree. Trying to make two infinitely close lines all the way
down the groomed snoozer is an exercise in vanity. A boring one too.

Boring person, boring mind?

A commonly used and and pathetic cop-out.

No, as I told you before,

"Boring" is only a subjective perception, and it reflects your inner
state of mind. And a boring mind makes a boring view, and boring views
make up a boring person."

I simply find your
incredible egotistic bravado about this ''technique'' of yours rather
unimpressive. You prioritize style over substance.

Well, as I said, Taichi Skiing is applying Taichi principles to
skiing, and Taichi principles are all-inclusive (it covers everything
under the "sky"), so it is ultimate. The philosophy end of Taichi,
Unism, is beyond your comprehension, so I'm not going to waste my
energy to explain it. Nevertheless, the proof lies in those lines.

Taichi Skiing's techniques are developed based on Taichi principles
and verified with Newton's laws of motions; the "clean" lines show the
proof of the validity of the theories, as well as the techniques.
Maybe these techniques are "too good to be humble" to you gappers,
nevertheless, there's no ego involved. Your "unimpressive" only
reflects your own "incredible egotistic bravado."

I'd much rather find my own way of getting down (and up) a line like
the one Armin posted above in this thread, rather than obsess over the
aethetics of my lines on a groomed snoozer.

It'll be more impressive if you can make down in "one" *clean
aesthetic* line down.

No matter what the lines
look like...It's still a groomed snoozer.

Your boring view it is.

IS
Old May 1st 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 1, 7:08 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 1, 7:42 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Boring person, boring mind?

Ah, I see your are starting to "get it".

Yup, you're as a boring person as ever.

IS
Old May 1st 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 1, 7:07 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 1, 7:49 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On May 1, 3:20 am, "ant"
wrote:

taichiskiing wrote:
Lines/tracks of flatboarding/flatskiing 1,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

The lines converge and then diverge, skis going all over the place. There's
smears, and then 2 lines where one ski was plainly weighted a lot more than
the other.

Not sure if the conceited self blinded your sight or just you need to
learn how to read/trace the line first; there's no "diverge" in the
"line" shown.

Yes there is.

Prove it!

I guess getting them to go at all on such a flat-looking slope
is worthy of note.

Or you don't know how to read video clips is worth the note?

Projection.

No, you need to learn how to "read" a video clip.

IS
Old May 1st 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On May 1, 8:42*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Apr 29, 4:45 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

On Apr 29, 5:00 pm, pigo wrote:

I would consider that kind of skiing on that terrain a failure for
myself. When I ski turns like that I try to leave two tiny thin lines
the entire way. But even that is pretty boring.

Yup, "except for the few feet at the transition point from edge to
edge" is what makes it boring, as separate the skis at the transition
is what breaks the flow of the skiing. Try to make two thin lines
together all the way next time; it is faster and more exciting.

And as the integrity thing goes, before you can make that line, you
may not qualify, for lacking of real experience, to comment it.

205's make it a little
more fun (and fast!).

If you cannot tell the speed of skiing by looking at the lines/tracks
that the skier left behind, you are not there at the level we are
talking about.

With all the skidding in that video it had to be SLOW.

Nevertheless, what do you mean by "fun" in skiing again?

Totally agree. *Trying to make two infinitely close lines all the way
down the groomed snoozer is an exercise in vanity. *A boring one too.

I don't make them "close together" btw. I'm kind of a shoulder width
kind 'o' guy.

Boring person, boring mind?

I can't believe I even reply to you. You are as hopeless as barf
trying to convince us that he misunderstood the trunkyjeff thing. But
Yab had something for me to clear up on this one.

blue lines Bucky Alpine Skiing 2 February 13th 06 10:01 AM
Are President's Day crowds and lift lines bad? Eric Snowboarding 1 February 18th 05 06:04 PM
From the front lines - High School Ski Camp - 2004 Marsh Jones Nordic Skiing 0 December 30th 04 02:02 AM
So how wet is whistler snow and how bad are the lift lines? is it quantity over quality? kevin Alpine Skiing 43 September 4th 04 04:53 AM
X-mas and Lift Lines George Evans Alpine Skiing 11 July 29th 04 06:58 AM