UK travel insurance with preexisting injury?

Old January 21st 04, 07:48 AM
lizbubb

Default UK travel insurance with preexisting injury?

Hi Uk boarders

I'm in the odd position of having a non union (unjoined) broken collarbone
which my consultant doesn't propose to treat unless it starts to cause me
problems.

Does anyone have any experience with getting snowboard travel insurance with
an existing injury? The consultant has said I can go snowboarding (I think
he's stress-testing me :-( ) so I guess I'm "healed", just not actually
healed.

I've had to cancel one trip already (gutted) and I really hope I can get
away this season, but I don't want to take a policy which excludes my
collarbone just in case the doc is wrong.

Liz

Old January 21st 04, 07:54 AM
Switters

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:48:50 GMT, "lizbubb"
allegedly wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with getting snowboard travel
insurance with an existing injury? The consultant has said I can go
snowboarding (I think he's stress-testing me :-( ) so I guess I'm
"healed", just not actually healed.

If the doc as said you're ok to go, then surely the state of the shoulder
is irrelevant? Can you get it in writing from the consultant first, just
to cover you.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old January 23rd 04, 02:55 AM
lizbubb

Good luck.

Cheers Derek - I'll try Amex

Liz

Old January 23rd 04, 08:13 PM
Drug Buddy

lizbubb wrote:
Good luck.

Cheers Derek - I'll try Amex

Liz

I had a bit of hassle (snapped/repaired ACL) and managed to get some sense
from Trailfinders, they called their medical dept while I was at the
counter, handed me the phone and I got a decision on the spot. Seems like
quite a sorted company in general - I got them to endorse my cert stating
they'd cover anything left knee related! Just another one to try if Amex
doesn't work out.

cheers, DB