Thunderbird Set Up Help

Old November 6th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Default Thunderbird Set Up Help

On Nov 5, 8:22 pm, Dave Stallard wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
ant wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
ant wrote:
Why did IBM go to that Lenovo thing? They had a good strong name,
why change it?
They wanted to get out of the PC business so they sold it to China.
Not exactly a high-profit area any more...
eh, they're made in China????

I think they already where, they just sold the brand to the company that
actually makes them.

IBM sold the brand to Lenovo some time ago. They're still called "IBM
Thinkpad" for X years, but now Lenovo wants to move that name-change
forward and do it sooner. We don't like the one T60 that we bought in
our group - we're using it as a loaner for some contractor we have.

Regarding any alleged Dell quality issues, all I can say is that we go
into big demo situations to top-ranking govt people, plus govt
evaluations that are critical for our future funding, with our stuff
running on Dell D630s. So we are betting our asses on them. And so
far they haven't let us down (though we always do take a second as
backup, as we would with any machine).

Plus, we are also buying D630s for people's regular work laptops (with
docking station etc). So I'd say that for now, you can't go wrong with
them. And they are blazing fast. That's just my experience.

Dave

I've purchased about 15 of the D630's since the beginning of the year
and I have to say that I'm not really impressed with the quality.
I've had problems with at least 10 of those laptops since we got
them. However, I will say that Dell's customer service is exemplary.
I purchase them all with extended warranty coverage including
accidental breakage and next day on site repair which makes my life
easy since I don't need to get laptops shipped to me to get repaired.
Other than that, they are nice fast machines.

snoig

Old November 7th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_8_]

snoig wrote:
[...]

Dell seem to aim their stuff at the corporate market, flog them by the
pallet-load. I just wonder if they tolerate a certain percentge of dud
machines because the people buying them buy them by the bunch. Whereas
domestic purchasers are pretty horrified if their thousand-dollar laptop is
a dud. (I know I am).

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: