Dave Stallard, as well as "ant" for the *second* time

Old April 11th 05, 12:01 PM
foot2foot

Default Dave Stallard, as well as "ant" for the *second* time

I haven't had much cause to say anything to you in this group
one way or the other that I can recall, but I have something
to say to you now.

You know what? I really don't like the tone of your little
"investigation".

If I catch you meddling one iota in my life, one little tibit,
question, call remark, inquiry, anything, I *will* see you
prosecuted. It's a crime now.

I will not put up with the kind of crap that has gone on in here.
I don't harass people in real life and I won't tolerate it.

You don't think things have changed, you're wrong. Authorities
in general are getting fed up with people who post here trying
to intimidate others from posting to this world wide, public
newsgroup. Especially given the reputation some of you have
cleverly given yourselves over a period of several years now,
as well as to the newsgroup.

That's exactly what's been going on, and I have to be
concerned if that's what you're trying to do here.

What possible motive could you have for trying to
find out who I am? What ever, it can't be a good one
in any way I can imagine.

In fact, I'm reporting this post and the situation to (your) local
and to Federal authorites.

As far as the anonymous whackos, (interestingly enough,
though I haven't had any trouble with them, apparently)
you may wonder if I can find out who you are, but guess
what, local and federal police can find out in a heartbeat
and probably already know who every single poster in
here is.

Besides that, if they haven't been, they will be watching
now, because I *will* make the complaint.

It's not like their attention hasn't already been drawn to
the situation.

Golly, I just have to wonder who "we" is?

In fact, ant, I will no longer respond to any post you make
to me, and any further replies you make to me, since
coupled with this behaviour, I will consider harassment,
and an attempt to interfere with my means of making
a living. You have been put on notice. I *do not* want
to talk to you.

Dave Stallard, I have the same message for you. I am done
responding to you as well and have no further wish to
communicate with you in this group, by email or in any
other fashion, *especially* in person.

If anyone else cares to join, or is in fact a part of this
little "club" or whatever it is, I have the same message to
you.

This is not funny, it's not a joke, there's nothing cute about
it. I'm dead serious, if you want to play games you will have
to face the legal consequences, whatever those end up being.

People, anyone in the world, have a right to post to this
newsgroup without being harrassed in real life.

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
ant wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:

foot2foot wrote:

(nothing worth repeating)

Are your initials by any chance "BH"?

SNAP! I have been wondering this for quite a while.

Or else he's the return of that "Broadcastb" guy. Who we also wondered
about.

Dave

Old April 11th 05, 12:52 PM
pigo

Old April 11th 05, 01:25 PM
Alex Heney

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:01:20 -0700, "foot2foot"
wrote:

snip

People, anyone in the world, have a right to post to this
newsgroup without being harrassed in real life.

Indeed they do.

So please stop trying to intimidate people into stopping by making
what appear to be Real life threats of legal action against them.

People wondering out loud who you might be is perfectly normal and
reasonable behaviour, even in this group. It isn't any form of
harassment, particularly real life harassment.

As for any attempt by them to post being "an attempt to interfere with
my means of making a living", I think the posts that have the biggest
effect that way are your own.

I suspect that most people who have read a few of your posts would be
wary of coming to you for instruction, because they would be worried
that you might spend as much time talking in real life as your posts
do.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I keep my .BAT files in D:\BELFRY

Old April 11th 05, 02:44 PM
lal_truckee

http://www.ee.ryerson.ca:8080/~elf/pub/au/2001/stresspill.au
Old April 11th 05, 03:52 PM
Walt

foot2foot wrote:

If I catch you meddling one iota in my life, one little tibit,
question, call remark, inquiry, anything, I *will* see you
prosecuted. It's a crime now.

snip
This is not funny, it's not a joke, there's nothing cute about
it. I'm dead serious, if you want to play games you will have
to face the legal consequences, whatever those end up being.

Ok then. I'm going to take off my jester's hat for a moment and give
you a serious piece of advice:

The more you rant, the more abuse you're going to get.

This is true regardless of who's right, who's wrong. Or whether you
have a legitimate complaint or not. There are people on usenet who
make a sport of winding up the excitable, and once you've shown that
you're capable of being wound up, they'll keep winding you up, doing
whatever it takes to get a reaction out of you.

I'm not passing moral judgement here, just stating an observable fact.
Keep making posts like this, and you're going to attract attention from
the wrong people who'll make your life miserable if you let them.

I would strongly suggest that you ignore obvious trolls from the obvious
trollers. Ignore them and they *will* go away and bother somebody else
who's more fun to tease. But if you let them get under your skin,
they'll hound you incessantly. Trust me on this - I've seen this movie
over and over again.

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 11th 05, 04:40 PM
BrritSki

foot2foot wrote:

I haven't had much cause to say anything to you in this group
one way or the other that I can recall, but I have something
to say to you now.

You know what? I really don't like the tone of your little
"investigation".

If I catch you meddling one iota in my life, one little tibit,
question, call remark, inquiry, anything, I *will* see you
prosecuted. It's a crime now.

I will not put up with the kind of crap that has gone on in here.
I don't harass people in real life and I won't tolerate it.

Usenet IS real life. I would have thought your recent public comments
about Bob Lee would be far more likely to constitute harrassment than
someone speculating about who you are.

And anyway, iirc you posted under your real name by mistake once. If I
had a broadband connection I'd dig the post up for you.

Cheers BrritSki

AKA Roger Tillsbury according to the world's greatest truth-teller.
Old April 11th 05, 06:00 PM
foot2foot

"BrritSki" wrote in message

And anyway, iirc you posted under your real name by mistake once. If I had
a broadband connection I'd dig the post up for you.
Cheers BrritSki

AKA Roger Tillsbury according to the world's greatest truth-teller.

And if you found "the post", what would you do?

Old April 11th 05, 08:05 PM
BrritSki

foot2foot wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message

And anyway, iirc you posted under your real name by mistake once. If I had
a broadband connection I'd dig the post up for you.
Cheers BrritSki

AKA Roger Tillsbury according to the world's greatest truth-teller.

And if you found "the post", what would you do?

Reply to it. After all, it was archived for everyone to see wasn't it ?
Old April 11th 05, 08:31 PM
The Real Bev

foot2foot wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message

And anyway, iirc you posted under your real name by mistake once. If I had
a broadband connection I'd dig the post up for you.
Cheers BrritSki

AKA Roger Tillsbury according to the world's greatest truth-teller.

And if you found "the post", what would you do?

Print it and use it for toilet paper.

Christ, foot, let it go. Your only sin is pedantic long-windedness which, on
a good day, can be interpreted as a forgiveable characteristic as long as we
(not the royal 'We' and not the 'we' in 'We are out to get you and your little
dog too') aren't required to read it.

PLEASE don't lure the aukpeople back, it took forever for them to go away last
time.

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens
Old April 11th 05, 08:42 PM
Mary Malmros

Sven Golly wrote:

Walt wrote in news:B2x6e.130$II.123
@news.itd.umich.edu:

//much sage advice snipped//

But if you let them get under your skin,
they'll hound you incessantly. Trust me on this - I've seen this movie
over and over again.

Amen to this. Foot has no clue what can of worms he may be opening. I'm
sure AUK monitors this fr00p for signs of weakness. :-O

Yeah, but maybe not so much right now. If they're smart, they probably
have a seasonal reminder set up, and they start paying more attention
around June, when we've had time to get _really_ crazy.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.