TV Coincidence

Old June 1st 12, 02:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default TV Coincidence

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

Old June 1st 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On May 31, 9:05*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. *One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

I have always wanted to see how that was done, I have looked at many
cables over the years and never could find even a hint of whre they
were spliced.
Old June 1st 12, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 31, 8:49*pm, " wrote:
On May 31, 9:05*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. *One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

I have always wanted to see how that was done, I have looked at many
cables over the years and never could find even a hint of whre they
were spliced.

They went through that part rather quickly, but from what I could tell
--

They started by unraveling every other outer strand from each end. It
looked like they then cut back the core and remaining strands in an
Old June 1st 12, 04:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:05:52 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

Hey, I had a coincidence tonight, too. I was up on Capitol Hill and stopped at a light next to the East Precinct SPD station, and a cop walked right in front of me. Turns out I know him, and he stopped to say hello. Amazingly enough, he did not arrest, charge, and jail me for telling the truth about you!!!!!!!
Here I'm giving you **** about being a lying, stalking piece of **** clown who got blown off with a FORM EMAIL, and then I talk to a cop!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I'm sure he's not the cop that laughed at you. How about telling me his name and rank so he and I can laugh together at you?
Contact info?
Old June 1st 12, 04:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 05/31/2012 07:05 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

Got exact names?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 1st 12, 06:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 31, 9:58*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 05/31/2012 07:05 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. *One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

Got exact names?

--
Cheers,
Bev
_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

The first was an episode of World's Toughest Fixes, the second an
episode pf Man Made.
Old June 1st 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 05/31/2012 11:46 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On May 31, 9:58 pm, The Real wrote:
On 05/31/2012 07:05 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

Got exact names?

The first was an episode of World's Toughest Fixes, the second an
episode pf Man Made.

I hunted through the usual sources but couldn't find anything except a
short thing at the NatGeo site which wouldn't work. It says I need a
newer version of flash, but the one I have is the newest they have.
Smacks of poor programming by their web designer.

Oh well...

--
Cheers, Bev
"We don't know how smart people can be, but we know that

Old June 1st 12, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Friday, June 1, 2012 12:43:25 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Yo, Victim Bev? Got any comment on your buddies falsely accusing me of molesting children? How about your buddy Ted Waldron and his ongoing campaign to paint me as a freak about to go postal, a tactic you have used yourself? Maybe your buddy Dickless Henry gave you the name of the cop he lied to, how about fessing up?
Oooooops, forgot. When I point out your moral and ethical failings, I am victimizing you, right? But when your buddies smear me and stalk me, I am not a victim. I'm a victimizer because I make them do it because I won't stop telling the truth.
Smacks of poor programming in your conscience, actually. Oh, welll.......
Old June 1st 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:05:52 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

What did you think? They tied a square knot? I've been splicing
cable for 35 years.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 1st 12, 09:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 31 May 2012 20:49:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote this crap:

On May 31, 9:05*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Yesterday while channel surfing, I came across 2 shows back-to-back on
National Geographic Channel. *One of them was about installing a new
lift at Sleeping Giant in Wyoming; the next was about installing hte
new tram at Jackson Hole.

I found one thing particularly interesting - the way they spliced the
haul cable to make a continuous loop.

I have always wanted to see how that was done, I have looked at many
cables over the years and never could find even a hint of whre they
were spliced.

It's not a big deal. I've been splicing cable for 35 years. I
remember when splicing fiber-optic cable was a big deal. Now you can
buy a kit at www.graybar.com and one person can do it.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.