Buying gear in US

Old February 19th 04, 06:05 AM
vern93

Default Buying gear in US

In article ,
tm wrote:

You are all pantywaists and not even proper easterners either. No one
needs to carry a gun here

Oh yeah? So what are you going to do when you want to kill a man for
snoring too loudly? Poision him? Sheesh, you gotsta be strapped.

and i just bought a tallboy from a vending
machine.

If that vending machine was here in Tennessee, it'd have more bullet
holes than a "deer crossing" sign in the country. You better hope that
vending machine has a double barrel hidden in the back.
Old October 26th 04, 12:30 AM
Martino

Plake, you seem to have developed an eastern block fear of the regulations.

Any US outlet will be glad to sell you anything as long as they get money
(in any form: cash or credit card).

Of course, many Europeans come to ski to US with their own gear and they
don't leave it in here; do they pay the duty when crossing the border?
Naturally no.

"og" wrote in message

"Plake" wrote in message
I'm going to Utah for 2wks in March and want to take advantage of the
USD/GBP exchange rate by buying new ski & board gear:

Rossignol B2/Fritschi Diamir £519 at Snow+Rock, £397 at rei.com
K2 Recon/Salomon SP3/Salomon Dialogue £664 at Snow+Rock, £355 at
rei.com!

So I have a couple of questions:

1) I suspect the US stores are pressurised by the European
manufacturers not to sell gear to Europeans. Is this true, and will
paying cash at the store help?

Not true. Cash or credit. All good.

Old October 27th 04, 07:07 AM
Martino

I have been on a watch for wider skis on e-bay for over 3 weeks. All newer
stuff goes for just below $500 (no bindings). It's crazy out there!!!

Old October 28th 04, 01:20 PM
John Ricketts

Have you tried the B2's? I hired some last year to do the Vallee Blanche and
found them rather heavy.

Old October 28th 04, 03:06 PM
Paul

Yes, tried them last year, didn't think they were heavy compared to my old
skiis though (rossi viper S - 198).