What's in your quiver?

Old January 12th 05, 06:53 PM
Sharkie

[bunch of boards and skis and ]

Lots of spares...

This keeps me wondering: do you guys sell/give away your
boards/equipment
when you buy new stuff (every couple of seasons, or whatever
the frequency is), or just keep adding to the pile?

And if you just keep it, is it because you're too lazy/busy,
or are there some sentiments involved ("sniff, I spent so much
quality time on this board, just can't get rid of it...") ?
Or could it be that some boards were made so good they can be ridden
forever? Maybe you enjoy having a board collection in your garage/attic
wherever.

I've been always planning to sell my old boards, just never got to it.
Besides the boards tends to be pretty worn out after a couple of
seasons,
not sure how to price them.

Old January 12th 05, 10:11 PM
Waco Paco

David wrote:
What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Burton A Deck 159 (retired)
Atomic Alibi 156 03/04 (active)

I use my Alibi for pretty much everything. All mountain cruising, some
park (no jibs though... don't want to hurt the base). The A Deck was my
first snowboard and it was my best friend's (he went back to skiing and
he left earth for a better place where the snow never melts in '01) so I
keep it for sentiments. Although this year my GF wants to learn so I'll
put some bindings back on it.
Old January 13th 05, 02:43 AM
John Richardson

"David" wrote in message
What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Dang.

Unity Dominion 165.

I use it when I want to go snowboarding.

I've got some buying to do.....

Old January 13th 05, 02:54 AM
David

"John Richardson" wrote in message ...

"David" wrote in message
What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Dang.

Unity Dominion 165.

I use it when I want to go snowboarding.

I've got some buying to do.....

I've got less board than you. One. But it's shorter.

Volkl Coal 154. Same as you, I use it when I want to go riding.

Kinda like to have a freestyle or rock board too. And a split board ...

I'll probably get a flexy, inexpensive lightly-used board later this season
for stuff I can't, or don't want to do on the Coal. A split board? In my
dreams maybe.

Anyway it's interesting to see what everybody rides, or used to.

Old January 13th 05, 04:55 AM
Mike T

Donek Wide 161 - fresh heavy snow, trees, occasional jaunt through park
Donek Incline 168 - a very old one, well used - rock board, loaner
Madd 170 - general use alpine board
Donek Axis 172 - alpine board for variable conditions where tighter turns
are desired
OSin 4807 178 - powder
Coiler AM 182 Custom - alpine board for use on spring snow,
fresh-over-groomed
Coiler PR 188 - alpine board for uncrowded, wide runs

-Mike T

Old January 13th 05, 05:54 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

"David" wrote in news:34iqtbF4cnueaU1
@individual.net:

What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Donek Incline 161 new last year, main ride
Ride Exile 160 rock/mogul and loaner board
Winterstick 159 rock/mogul

The Exile had an nearly identical profile to
the Winterstick which was easy to handle in
bumps and other tight confines - really a
mindless board to ride. Nowhere near
as stable as the Donek though for general
crusing.
Old January 13th 05, 08:49 AM
Champ

On 12 Jan 2005 10:40:24 -0800, "Sharkie" wrote:

Champ wrote:
What boards do you have?

Burton Fish 156 (the original one)

wow, they last forever, don't they?

Well, I doubt *forever*.

You know what year is this board?

This is it's third season.
--
Champ
Old January 14th 05, 04:50 AM
MixD

I still have my first board, a K2 Electra 167, which I save for special
days/places.

I currently ride a Salomon Definition 160.

And lastly I have an old Definition, which is delaming between my toes,
that I ride on the rocks and exposure left by el nino in Snoqualmie
Pass.

Give Tahoe a break, more snow here please!

Old January 15th 05, 11:35 AM
Eddie

95 Avalanche Road Trip 147 - Sold (And I really regret it )
96 Rossingnol Seoane 152 - Retired
98 Burton Canyon 156 - Rails, early season riding (not much snow here).
03 Burton Johan 166 - Speed, powder (love this board)