Our snowboarding misadventure at Seven Springs

Old February 10th 04, 07:03 PM
Bob

Default Our snowboarding misadventure at Seven Springs

"Stephan Schulz"
wrote in message

In my experience (limited, since I moved to a Flow setup after

my
first season), those straps are mostly decorative (they may

help if
you are lousy at lacing up). And at least for me, heel lift is

much
more a problem for the hind foot. That foot is in the boot all

the
time, but out of the binding a lot, so you can stand more

pressure
from the binding straps than you could from a shoe strap.

Another issue with step-ins. At least on my boots, there is no
adjustment for forward lean. I got video'ed last saturday, and
one point made to me was that my legs were way too straight to
get the heelside edge set. I need more forward lean at the ankle
to allow me to flex down more. Time for different boots and
bindings.

Bob