Pilot boot zippers

Old January 10th 05, 02:38 AM
Steve Thatcher

Default Pilot boot zippers

Does anyone have any experience with getting the zippers fixed on Pilot
boots after the rip out. MIne did just that this weekend on a 4 day
trip. I nursed then through the 4 days but I'm now to the point where
I can't zip them anymore because so much of the zipper has seperated
from the fabric backing. Can they be fixed? Maybe a shoe Repair shop
or the factory. Demo'd Fischers at ABR just in case I need to buy new
boots. I liked them better than I thought I would. They climb great
and were quite stable despite feeling so sloppy in the heal. I have a
narrow heel and a high instep. I wish they had a shim kit to fill up
the volume around the heal

Old January 10th 05, 06:41 AM
Camilo

Steve, I could swear there was a discussion on this within the past couple
of months on this newsgroup, with some specific advice on getting zippers
replaced - try a Google groups search.

Cam

Old January 10th 05, 09:27 AM
Fitzgerald

After trying 3 different local cobblers I sent my boot to
www.davepagethecobbler.com.
He is out of the zipper right now but is expecting them soon.
Fitzgerald

Old January 10th 05, 09:31 AM
Fitzgerald

Correction
www.davepagecobbler.com

Old January 10th 05, 10:26 AM

Steve,

Try George's Shoe Repair on Grand Ave. in St. Paul. My cousin Jerry
George owns it. He's done lots of repairs for the MN Wild and Northstar
hockey teams. He can sew most anything.

Greg Fangel

Old January 21st 05, 01:10 PM
Steve Thatcher

Steve Thatcher wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with getting the zippers fixed on

Pilot
boots after the rip out. MIne did just that this weekend on a 4 day
trip. I nursed then through the 4 days but I'm now to the point

where
I can't zip them anymore because so much of the zipper has seperated
from the fabric backing. Can they be fixed? Maybe a shoe Repair

shop
or the factory. Demo'd Fischers at ABR just in case I need to buy

new
boots. I liked them better than I thought I would. They climb great
and were quite stable despite feeling so sloppy in the heal. I have

narrow heel and a high instep. I wish they had a shim kit to fill up
the volume around the heal

I just got my boots back from the shoemaker. Spikes in Stillwater.
When I tok them in there he said "Don't tell me, ripped out zippers
right?" He's done a lot of them. He did excellant work. They look
better than the original. True they do have gold metal zipper, but
they look kind of Custom (Pimp my Glide!) and the zipper works better
than the original plastic one and is a lot stronger. He said he
wouldn't install a plastic zipper even if I could get a replacment. He
hates them. All for less than $20 and better than Duck Tape

Old January 21st 05, 01:36 PM
Fitzgerald

Where is Stillwater? I am still waiting for boot to come back from Dave the
Cobbler as he is out of zipper and is not expecting them for another couple
of weeks. Damn..
Fitzgerald

Old January 21st 05, 02:42 PM
Steve Thatcher

In the strip mall on the north side of Hwy36. In the same mall as
Acapulco Resturant

Old January 21st 05, 04:22 PM
Fitzgerald

What state?