To pole or not to pole

Old January 20th 05, 01:34 PM
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
Aj 427 wrote:

crap snipped

So Mr. Aj 427, I replied to your message within
minutes of your posting it. I haven't seen your
reply to my message. If you are for real and not
some troll out there trying to stir up a nest of
hornets, you might read and reply to messages
on this discussion group directed to you.

Troll? Or Sock Puppet? Or Both?

We report, you decide.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 20th 05, 01:36 PM
Walt

Wayne Decker wrote:

Wow! Quite a discussion.! Since I often ski without my poles--you can
probably guess how I feel. I watch people. If their body language tells me
that they are using their poles as a security blanket--I take them away.

So, what do you do with all those purloined poles? I hear Bev is
looking for a match for a composite pole she found. You might want to
give her a shout.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 20th 05, 02:51 PM
yunlong

Sven Golly wrote:
"yunlong" wrote in
oups.com:

No, do the same thing with less equipment is better.

Yes. Flatboarding is best without poles, without skis, without
boots, without clothes. Only bare feet and naked soul are
truly necessary for the accomplished tie cheeze master.

Yup, you look very shrewd with a idiotic language.

In the realm of arrogance, idiotic reigns.

IS

--
Sven Golly
Trolling as usual

Old January 20th 05, 02:58 PM
lal_truckee

Aj 427 wrote:
Dear Sven:
I'm afraid you Instructor friends still have a lot to learn. I taught
many to ski without poles since 1926 and I'm an 85 year old

Too bad you're a troll - otherwise stories from pre-war skiing would be
of general interest to many here-in...
Old January 20th 05, 03:29 PM
LePheaux

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Aj 427 wrote:
READ THE REST OF THIS DISCUSSION GROUP. I'm 85, skiing since 6, 1926.
Sr NSPS//PSIA/Gold NASTAR, 80+ Club Member, etc. Have taught hundreds
to ski pole-less all over world...Europe. New Zealand, etc. Just show'em
how to stop-on-a-dime...on the inside edge of their
downhill ski (or board) and after a few runs they'll be surfing down
from side to side, leg to leg, on their inside edge.

After one day to get the hang of "hard-on-the- downhill ski" pole-less
turns on the inside edge and one day to practice they should be good for
the week.

We've done it with 7 year to 75 year old males and females very
successfully and have received their many thanks and subsequent
benefits.

Good luck, help others and have fun!
1/19/05

So Mr. Aj 427, I replied to your message within
minutes of your posting it. I haven't seen your
reply to my message. If you are for real and not
some troll out there trying to stir up a nest of
hornets, you might read and reply to messages
on this discussion group directed to you.

Ahh, I thought you knew it was a dumbyoung sockpuppet.

Old January 20th 05, 03:31 PM
snoig

"yunlong" wrote in message
ups.com...
IS

So which BLUE trail was that at Breckenridge?

Ya know, it sure is a shame that in 20 years of skiing you haven't improved
at all.

snoig

Old January 20th 05, 04:26 PM

snoig wrote:
"yunlong" wrote in message
ups.com...
IS

So which BLUE trail was that at Breckenridge?

Ya know, it sure is a shame that in 20 years of skiing you haven't

improved
at all.

snoig

Not only his skiing. If he's been skiing in the States for 20 years
it's a amazing his english hasn't improved either. I guess his skiing
skills are only surpassed by his linguistic talent.
Then again, maybe he's FlatMouthing. ;-)

pole length steve Nordic Skiing 6 December 22nd 04 04:21 AM
Pole Planting. Mark A Framness Alpine Skiing 4 March 26th 04 04:50 PM
Palm side exit point for pole length measure -JP- Nordic Skiing 1 March 22nd 04 03:02 AM
pole length question Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 8 February 2nd 04 03:11 AM
Infinity Pole Report - Didn't Snap It Dell Todd Nordic Skiing 0 January 5th 04 02:46 PM