Sorry, Pigo

Old August 22nd 03, 10:11 PM
Walt

Default Sorry, Pigo

klaus wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

heh. Is "backfire" one word or two?

One word. Just like SPANK!

More at
http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle....ryID=3 324457

"There are hard cases and there are easy cases. This is an easy
case," said U.S. District Judge Denny Chin. "This case is wholly
without merit both factually and legally."

What's not clear from either the Reuters or AP report is whether the
entire lawsuit has been thrown out, or just the request for an
injunction.

So Fox may still hang around for more snicker abuse.
Maybe they'll even snork appeal.

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 22nd 03, 10:29 PM
bdubya

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:23:49 GMT, Dave Stallard
wrote:

From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

Pretty fair and balanced article, though; they only spend two whole
paragraphs repeating all the nice things they said about Al in the
suit, and they do quote six words from the actual smackdown. Yes
indeedy, fair and balanced journalism.

bw
Old August 22nd 03, 10:34 PM
Dave Stallard

Walt wrote:

klaus wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

heh. Is "backfire" one word or two?

One word. Just like SPANK!

Yup.

More at
http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle....ryID=3 324457

"There are hard cases and there are easy cases. This is an easy
case," said U.S. District Judge Denny Chin. "This case is wholly
without merit both factually and legally."

What's not clear from either the Reuters or AP report is whether the
entire lawsuit has been thrown out, or just the request for an
injunction.

Looks like he is disposed to throw it out even if he hasn't:

"Parody is a form of artistic expression protected by the First
Amendment. The keystone to parody is imitation. Mr. Franken is clearly
mocking Fox."

So Fox may still hang around for more snicker abuse.
Maybe they'll even snork appeal.

The article cites a spokesman as saying they're considering it.

Here's the really good part: a conservative network, whose on-air
"talent" frequently condemns the proliferation of frivolous lawsuits,
filing a frivolous lawsuit.

BWWAAHAHAHAH!

Dave
Old August 22nd 03, 10:41 PM
pigo

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

Well you win some you lose some. All I can do now is hope that when the
positions are reversed "we" get the same treatment. That doesn't usually
happen though.

Old August 23rd 03, 12:21 AM
scottabe

in article , pigo at
wrote on 8/22/03 3:41 PM:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

Well you win some you lose some. All I can do now is hope that when the
positions are reversed "we" get the same treatment. That doesn't usually
happen though.

Hey, Thompson? I'd LOVE to see you get some serious treatment from a judge
about your false allegations of child molestation leveled at me and Bert.
Not to mention your lies to the cops and your real life harassment of me
lying to prosecutors in my home town.
How about some jail time for Bob Thompson, who has deliberately broken the
law?

Old August 23rd 03, 06:09 PM
Eric Holeman

In article ,
pigo wrote:

Well you win some you lose some. All I can do now is hope that when the
positions are reversed "we" get the same treatment. That doesn't usually
happen though.

???

Hooz we? Y'mean, loyal, godfearin, patriotic Foxnews-watchin' American
types? Did they have a bad year and I somehow missed out on it?
--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old August 23rd 03, 11:07 PM
pigo

"Eric Holeman" wrote in message
In article ,
pigo wrote:

Well you win some you lose some. All I can do now is hope that when

the
positions are reversed "we" get the same treatment. That doesn't

usually
happen though.

???

Hooz we? Y'mean, loyal, godfearin, patriotic Foxnews-watchin'

American
types? Did they have a bad year and I somehow missed out on it?

I'm loyal and a Foxnews watcher and American, but I don't fear what
doesn't exist.

Old August 25th 03, 06:33 PM
lal_truckee

Dave Stallard wrote:

From the article:

"U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said Fox's claim was 'without merit,
both factually and legally.'"

Heeheehee. My favorite quote:

"Fox spokesman Paul Schur said the network was considering its options.

"We don't care if it's Al Franken, Al Lewis or Weird Al Yankovic," Schur
said. "We're here to protect our trademark and our talent."

If Fox had someone on the payroll with a tenth the talent of Weird Al,
they might have the makings of a network, and grounds for a suit. As it
stands ...

ObSki: I wonder if anybody at Fox can ski? I think they must all be
boarders, just from the "logic" they display publically.

Signed: Fair and balanced skier.

Old August 25th 03, 07:51 PM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:

ObSki: I wonder if anybody at Fox can ski? I think they must all be
boarders, just from the "logic" they display publically.

Signed: Fair and balanced skier.

This just in:

Meanwhile, outside the Fox News Channel's New York headquarters,
thousands of publicity-starved authors congregated, begging Fox
to sue them.

Since news of Fox's lawsuit against comedian Franken promptly sent
his new book to the top of the bestseller lists, a lawsuit from Fox
is now widely regarded in the publishing industry as the most coveted
seal of approval, even surpassing inclusion in Oprah's Book Club.

One of the authors gathered outside Fox was Stanley Dixon, an
author of several poorly-selling works of literary fiction who is so
eager to be sued by Fox that he has had his name legally changed to
"Fox Newschannel."

Mr. Newschannel said that his latest novel, a coming of age story
set in rural Indiana entitled "A Sudden Fall," would now be retitled,
"The Fox News Channel Can Bite Me."

More at:
http://www.borowitzreport.com/

--