Traffic Circles

Old August 28th 03, 07:20 AM
Chuck

Default Traffic Circles

The Real Bev wrote in
:

Chuck wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Get stuffed. The cheap stuff has been going up a nickel a day for
the last week or so and hit $2.019 today, up three cents from three
hours previous. I don't think I need to buy gas before Friday, so
maybe we'll have a miracle by then.

Same today, maybe it's topped out.

You don't need a miracle. You just need to wait until about a week
after the holiday weekend. All of the price gouging should be over by
then and prices will start to return to normal. Their ought to be a
law against this BS.

Nope, gotta get a tank to go see my son Saturday. Hell, 20 gallons
every 3 weeks isn't that big a deal, it's just the principle of the
thing.

BTW I just found out why the gas is so cheap in NJ. It not the entire
state, just on the turnpike. It seems the NJTA has a contract with Sun
Oil out of Philly that only allows them (Sunoco) to raise prices on
Fridays, and only by .10/gal each time.
Old August 28th 03, 02:11 PM
Absinthe

On 28 Aug 2003 07:20:36 GMT, Chuck wrote:

The Real Bev wrote in
:

Chuck wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

[...]

No, the whole state is cheaper than the surrounding areas & the turnpike doesn't
have the cheapest gas... not by a long shot. There are certain areas where the
price goes up a tad... like in the north western part of the state near the Penn
border and there are parts that are uber-cheap, like around the central shore.
I have to tank up today since I haven't tanked up in a few weeks.

The two main highways that travel the length of the state are both toll roads...
and both are watched very carefully by the state for price gouging so the prices
on both the Turnpike & the Garden State Parkway, while never the cheapest, are
quite reasonable.

Heather
http://absinthe-green.com
I'm a closet heterosexual.