Rail fare between Turin airport and Turin centre

Old January 3rd 05, 03:38 PM
Clive Long,UK

Default Rail fare between Turin airport and Turin centre

Hi

I have quite a few hours to kill at Turin airport before I get
picked up.

From the Turin airport Web site it seems the bus is every 30 / 45
mins, costs 5 Euros each way and takes 40 minutes

I have found the rail web site but it is all in Italian
(obviously) and I can't work out what the single / return price is
between airport and city centre.

Anyone know (Jan 2005)? Suggestions on what to see between 11am
and 4pm on a Monday in Turin? (it will all be closed knowing my luck).

Thanks

Clive
Old January 5th 05, 09:20 PM

I have no idea what this particular fare might be however
I have travelled on the train in Italy twice and
was shocked at the low cost of the fares on both
occasions.

Train fare seems to be 5Euro return including
all day travelling in the city.

Getting google to translate
http://www.comune.torino.it/gtt/aeroporto/index.shtml
seems quite helpful.

Do you fancy the Museo dell'Automobile? That's
where I went for a half day out in Turin.

http://www.a-torino.com/musei/automobile.htm
It may though cost 5Euro to get in. Closed on Monday.

http://www.museoauto.it/mambo/

Museo dell'Automobile "Carlo Biscaretti di Ruffia", C.so Unit=E0
d'Italia 40 - 10126 Torino (Italia) Tel. 011-677666

The post code 10126 puts the museum in the wrong place
using msn.com.

http://www.museoauto.it/mambo/images...s/via%20A4.gif
Shows where it really is.

I did a bit of poking about on the internet and there is

http://mappoint.msn.com/(0o5nab452uivaumlb4tdsyvb)/directions.aspx?&EndName=
=3D10126+(postcode)%2c+Italy&EndLocation=3D45.0487 2%2c7.67784&StartName=3DV=
ia+Stradella%2c+10147+Torino+TO&StartLocation=3D45 .09211%2c7.67753&DataSetL=
angID=3DEUR,409&RouteType=3DQuickest&RouteUnit=3DM iles

May point to the "Torino Dora" Station

http://www.comune.torino.it/gtt/aero...g/trenibus.jpg
Shows you where some stations are.

www.msn.com maps works in Italy.
Call the Turin Tourist office and get them to plan a route.

Old January 18th 05, 01:10 PM
Clive

Follow up on Rail fare

Rail station easy to get to from airport - via underpass.

All day travel card covering buses as well = EUR 5.50

Got to Porta Dora then had to change to a bus

Would have been whole lot easier to get airport bus direct into city
centre.

Turin Centre interesting but most museums closed on Monday - LOTS of
building work going on

Clive