Help our to decide the place to spend our HoneyMoon

Old June 23rd 05, 04:50 PM
mr.andy

Default Help our to decide the place to spend our HoneyMoon

Hi
next 8 December we get married and we decide to spend our Honeymoon on
the Alps.We are italian and we dont want to go in Italy because we have
seen all the italian
skiresort(Gardena,Badia,Campiglio,Cortina,etc).... we need a new
place..a beautiful,romantic,charming place.The our ski level is
Beginners-intermediate and we ski from 12/13 years.
From at least 2 months im trying a place with this characteristics :

- romantic
- small village and alpine characteristic
- snow secure on December
- confortable Hotels (four stars)
- other no-sky attraction (Horse Course,winter path,etc..)
I have ordered brochures,i have visited many web pages of the principal
skiresort in the Alps,I have read the major ski forum on the net....now
i need to decide because i must book the hotel within September.
My serch is concentrated to the followinf ski-resort/village (in
order):
1) Lech (Austria)
2) St.Anton (Austria)
3) Saalbach (Austria)
4) Megeve (France)
5) Zermatt,SaasFee,Samnaun (Switzerland)

I must choose one of this and IMHO the favourite is Lech.
Many suggestion ? Other place ?
Many thanks and excuse me for my english...is very bed :-)

bye Andrea

Old June 23rd 05, 06:44 PM
Team SJ

For a honeymoon I'd go to Kitzbuhl. It's got more to remember than just
being a ski resort.

"mr.andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
next 8 December we get married and we decide to spend our Honeymoon on
the Alps.We are italian and we dont want to go in Italy because we have
seen all the italian
skiresort(Gardena,Badia,Campiglio,Cortina,etc).... we need a new
place..a beautiful,romantic,charming place.The our ski level is
Beginners-intermediate and we ski from 12/13 years.
From at least 2 months im trying a place with this characteristics :

Old June 23rd 05, 09:09 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Buona Sera Andrea,
Felly sgrifennodd mr.andy :
My serch is concentrated to the followinf ski-resort/village (in
order):
1) Lech (Austria)
2) St.Anton (Austria)
3) Saalbach (Austria)
4) Megeve (France)
5) Zermatt,SaasFee,Samnaun (Switzerland)

Hai pensato di Andermatt (Svizzera)?
Have you thought of Andermatt (Switzerland)?

C'e due monttagne in Andermatt; Gemsstock (certo di avere neve), ma non e`
bene se non fa bene il ski. L'altro e` Naetchen, ma non e` si alto, e
c'e` la possibilita` che non e` basta di neve.

There are two mountains in Andermatt; Gemsstock (certain to have snow), but
not good if you're not a good skier. Naetchen is the other, but being
lower may not have enough snow.

Adrian(o)

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old June 24th 05, 05:49 AM
Ralf Langanke

mr.andy wrote:

1) Lech (Austria)

Lech would be the best choice.

Regards
--
Ralf Langanke

http://www.slanganke.de
Old June 24th 05, 07:02 AM
mr.andy

Ralf Langanke a =E9crit :
mr.andy wrote:

1) Lech (Austria)

Lech would be the best choice.

Regards

I agree ...I have seen from the brochure that is very very pretty and
the hotels are very confortable...

Another suggestions ?

Old June 24th 05, 07:06 AM
mr.andy

I went in Kitzbuhl on Febrary 2002 and it si very low altitude
village...it was pretty village but i dont like it.

Old June 25th 05, 10:33 PM
Gordy

Yes Sir, it has to be Zell am Zee.

Frozen lake, Sleigh Rides , plus a fair bit of ski ing, if you find the
time.
Me and my Good Lady did find the time, some 18 years ago , and had our
Fuuny, sorry Huunymoon there.
There are plenty of nice 4 star hotels , both big and small
and I think it takes in all of your criteria.
When we were there it was extremely cool, and I am not just taking the
weather. But thankfully , all told, after all these years, we are still
together, though she only watches Big Brother when she could be picking
anothere ski resort to tick off., and has not skied for about 12 years

As for the 5 resorts below, I have been in the first 4, and would say yes to
them all
Gordon,
PS My favourite, and the only Hotel I have ever gone back to 3 years running
is Edelweiise in Engelberg ,

"

Old June 27th 05, 09:21 AM
Turan Fettahoglu

From at least 2 months im trying a place with this characteristics :
- romantic
- small village and alpine characteristic
- snow secure on December
- confortable Hotels (four stars)
- other no-sky attraction (Horse Course,winter path,etc..)

My search is concentrated to the following ski-resort:
1) Lech (Austria)
2) St.Anton (Austria)
3) Saalbach (Austria)
4) Megeve (France)
5) Zermatt,SaasFee,Samnaun (Switzerland)

In your honeymoon you probably do not care much about prices, but all these
resorts tend to be too posh and overcrowded. What about Alpbach, Tyrol?
Alpbach tries to stay somewhat original. If there is not enough snow: the
Hintertux glacier is only some 35 km away. Hintertux itself consists of
several hotels and the glacier, not much more. Or Ampflwang: it is not a
skiing resort but caters for riders and might have more horses than
inhabitants.

I prefer a smaller Gasthof where you are considered a personal guest of the
owner's family after a day or two. Such a place might not have four stars,
but you are not an anonymous guest.

HTH
Turan

Old June 27th 05, 01:35 PM
Florian Anwander

Hi mr.andy

Another suggestions ?

What about Gstaad? Though it is quite well known it has a lot of "a
beautiful, romantic, charming place".

Florian
Old June 27th 05, 02:27 PM
Ace

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:35:24 +0200, Florian Anwander
wrote:

Hi mr.andy

Another suggestions ?

What about Gstaad? Though it is quite well known it has a lot of "a
beautiful, romantic, charming place".

It also has a lot of 'Oh what a nice fur coat/set of diamonds/Rolls
Royce' etc. And the prices match this image.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)