Jungfrau Region Weather - Any Updates?

Old January 11th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Jungfrau Region Weather - Any Updates?

Is it as bad as we are hearing? I'm in grindelwald 3-10 Feb. Should we
be getting worried at this point?

Old January 11th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jerseybean

wrote:
Is it as bad as we are hearing? I'm in grindelwald 3-10 Feb. Should we
be getting worried at this point?

The weather pattern 'they say' will be changing around the 20/21
January over the alps too allow lower temps.

So hopefully by the time you arrive things would have changed for the
better and im sure they will. Still 15cms in the village and 40cm First
with a small amount of snow forecasted tonight (maybe!!)

Visit (if you are not already a Snowhead) www.snowheads.com and click
on the resort thread and read the Jungfrau Region thread, a few locals
post there alot and keep Snowheads upto date with the conditions.

Old January 12th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Jerseybean" wrote in message
oups.com...

| wrote:
| Is it as bad as we are hearing? I'm in grindelwald 3-10 Feb. Should
we
| be getting worried at this point?
|

| The weather pattern 'they say' will be changing around the 20/21
| January over the alps too allow lower temps.
|
| So hopefully by the time you arrive things would have changed for the
| better and im sure they will. Still 15cms in the village and 40cm
First
| with a small amount of snow forecasted tonight (maybe!!)
|

| Visit (if you are not already a Snowhead) www.snowheads.com and click
| on the resort thread and read the Jungfrau Region thread, a few locals
| post there alot and keep Snowheads upto date with the conditions.

It's been chucking it down at Wengen, with more rain expected today to
around 1700/1800m (the village is at 1250m or so). So much so that the
World Cup Men's Super Combined scheduled for this morning on the
Lauberhorn is in serious doubt. Winds forecast to gust up to 80mph
too...

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old January 12th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Isabel 'MaineC.' Drost

On 2007-01-11, Jerseybean wrote:
Visit (if you are not already a Snowhead) www.snowheads.com and click
on the resort thread and read the Jungfrau Region thread, a few locals
post there alot and keep Snowheads upto date with the conditions.

You can also visit http://snow.search.ch for an overview of all winter
sports resorts in Switzerland. You will find a report on how many lifts
are open, the amount of snow on the slopes as well as the snow
"condition" (e.g. powder or not). The report for nearly all resorts is
updated on a daily basis.

Cheers,
Isabel
Old January 14th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Isabel 'MaineC.' Drost :
You can also visit http://snow.search.ch for an overview of all winter
sports resorts in Switzerland. You will find a report on how many lifts
are open, the amount of snow on the slopes as well as the snow
"condition" (e.g. powder or not). The report for nearly all resorts is
updated on a daily basis.

Great site, thanks Isabel! Don't know how I've missed that before.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.