Easter

Old October 18th 04, 06:35 PM
Joe Hunt

Default Easter

Hi all,

Thinking of a trip to the French Alps this Easter. Our university has its
Easter vacation from 18th March - 11th April. From what I can gather,
English schools have theirs 25th March - 11/18th April.

My question is which week do people recommend for quieter slopes, given
when the French holidays are etc. ?

TIA, Joe

Old October 18th 04, 08:00 PM
PG

"Joe Hunt" wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| Thinking of a trip to the French Alps this Easter. Our university has
its
| Easter vacation from 18th March - 11th April. From what I can gather,
| English schools have theirs 25th March - 11/18th April.
|
| My question is which week do people recommend for quieter slopes,
given
| when the French holidays are etc. ?

The first French academic zone (B) doesn't start holidays until April
9th. From the 16th April til the end of the month, two zones overlap. I
thought GB (3 wks), Germany (2 wks) and Spain (2 wks) all broke up March
19th. If so anytime over the last half of March will be reasonably
quiet, some resorts less popular with the Brits considerably more quiet
than others....

Pete
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net SNOWeSCAPE

Old October 18th 04, 08:21 PM
Joe Hunt

"PG" wrote in message
The first French academic zone (B) doesn't start holidays until April
9th. From the 16th April til the end of the month, two zones overlap. I
thought GB (3 wks), Germany (2 wks) and Spain (2 wks) all broke up March
19th. If so anytime over the last half of March will be reasonably
quiet, some resorts less popular with the Brits considerably more quiet
than others....

Pete

Cheers, Pete. The resort has yet to be chosen, just getting some dates
flying around first to see if everyone can settle on those.

Thanks, Joe

Old October 19th 04, 04:51 AM
Nick Hounsome

"PG" wrote in message

"Joe Hunt" wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| Thinking of a trip to the French Alps this Easter. Our university has
its
| Easter vacation from 18th March - 11th April. From what I can gather,
| English schools have theirs 25th March - 11/18th April.
|
| My question is which week do people recommend for quieter slopes,
given
| when the French holidays are etc. ?

The first French academic zone (B) doesn't start holidays until April
9th. From the 16th April til the end of the month, two zones overlap. I
thought GB (3 wks), Germany (2 wks) and Spain (2 wks) all broke up March
19th. If so anytime over the last half of March will be reasonably
quiet, some resorts less popular with the Brits considerably more quiet
than others....

Pete
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net SNOWeSCAPE

Suggestion: Get a brochure - The cheapest weeks should be the quietest. Week
beginning 12th March appears to be the low point. Of course (GB) brochures
are more heavily weighted by (GB) holidays because of flights but you can
also look at just the accomodation prices by going to the tourist board web
site for the resort you are considering.