Alpine or Kirkwood?

Old January 1st 04, 11:40 PM
Kevin Harper

Default Alpine or Kirkwood?

We are making our first trip to Tahoe over MLK weekend and I have it
narrowed down to Heavenly on Friday then Sierra on Saturday and then
either Alpine or Kirkwood on Sunday. Between Alpine and Kirkwood which
one will give us the most and longest blue runs, also, which one will
be the least crowded? I did hear that Alpine is going to limit tickets
over that weekend. I was thinking about Squaw but I thought it might
be two crowded. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Kevin
Old January 2nd 04, 02:07 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On 1 Jan 2004 16:40:22 -0800, (Kevin Harper)
wrote this crap:

be two crowded. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Kevin

"Two crowded"? here's my advice: Learn English, Dumbass.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Old January 2nd 04, 06:46 AM
Jack Wan

"Kevin Harper" wrote in message
om...
We are making our first trip to Tahoe over MLK weekend and I have it
narrowed down to Heavenly on Friday then Sierra on Saturday and then
either Alpine or Kirkwood on Sunday. Between Alpine and Kirkwood which
one will give us the most and longest blue runs, also, which one will
be the least crowded? I did hear that Alpine is going to limit tickets
over that weekend. I was thinking about Squaw but I thought it might
be two crowded. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Kevin

Since you are in the S. Tahoe, mind as well ski Kirkwood. Kirkwood and
Alpine are about the same in Blue runs and probably in crowd conditions
also, but don't know which has the longest.

Old January 2nd 04, 05:38 PM
Jiyang Chen

More info:
Kirkwood:
http://www.californiaskiresorts.com/stats.cfm/ca09.htm

Alpine:
http://www.californiaskiresorts.com/stats.cfm/ca01.htm

Jiyang

Old January 5th 04, 12:21 AM
TCS

"Two crowded"? here's my advice: Don't ski over MLK weekend because places
like Alpine Meadows can be three-crowded or even four-crowded.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado Springs - Gateway to Colorado Ski Country
Old January 5th 04, 02:30 AM
lal_truckee

TCS wrote:
"Two crowded"? here's my advice: Don't ski over MLK weekend because places

like Alpine Meadows can be three-crowded or even four-crowded.

Putting the pun aside, I've skied Alpine almost every day for the last
couple of weeks and, in spite of claims that Xmus to NYears is a crowded
disaster, haven't really been in a significant line more than 3 or 4 times.

I think it really matters how you ski - if you come at 9:30 (with almost
everyone) get on the slopes at 10:00 (with almost everyone) and want to
ski the base access lift around 10:30 (with almost everyone) then
anywhere will be crowded. The OP just needs to adjust his start time
back 1.5 hours, take a break at 10:30, and resume skiing when almost
everyone gos in for lunch. then anywhere will be uncrowded.

Alpine Downhilling -JP- Nordic Skiing 3 March 11th 04 11:33 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 0 December 6th 03 05:59 AM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 05:51 AM
Top 16 European alpine resorts. Inger Skramstad Jørstad Alpine Skiing 1 November 21st 03 12:27 PM
Skiing in North America over Christmas - Do not want to go to Whistler. How about Fernie or Kirkwood? Markus Hornkvist Alpine Skiing 51 October 10th 03 02:48 PM