OK, people, still like Bush now?

Old July 30th 03, 06:39 AM
InMyTree

Default OK, people, still like Bush now?

Well.. actually, I'm Australian, so if we want to talk about getting
attacked there was Bali..

I'm also British, so if we want to talk about getting attacked we can talk
IRA..

And they didn't start the war. They attacked you for a reason. Why do you
think they picked the US? Maybe it would be a good idea to find out that
reason and see if you can do something about it, rather than just infuriate
them even more by bombing the hell out of them.. I would say a good place to
start would be getting your nose completely out of the middle east.. a place
you certainly do not belong..

"CurtisLemay" wrote in message
news:cGhhdHBoaWw=.6bbd6b232a5da5a2924cee913ff4278b @1059494886.cotse.net...
OutofhisTree wrote:

I know from what I've said on here I seem really left wing, but I'm

not... I
just really really don't like Bush and the way he medels with with

world..

Look dumb****, the word is "Meddle" repeat after me. Actually you
don't seem left wing, I think the word is moronic not to mention
meddlesome (see I'm using a derivative), prejudiced,
sanctimonius and a few others. Now see if you can follow me
here, you didn't get attacked by the middle east terrorists, we did.
They started the war. We're going to finish it. That's it. Whether you
like it or not. Rather than working yourself into a lather about that,
get a therapeutic hobby like beating off in front of a picture of
Trotsky.

Old July 30th 03, 02:10 PM
pigo

"InMyTree" wrote in message
Well.. actually, I'm Australian, so if we want to talk about getting
attacked there was Bali..

I'm also British, so if we want to talk about getting attacked we can

talk
IRA..

And they didn't start the war. They attacked you for a reason. Why

do you
think they picked the US?

Would that reason be, liberating Kuwait?

Old July 30th 03, 03:11 PM
Ted Waldron

pigo wrote:
"InMyTree" wrote in message

Damn right. What right does your government have to go and invade

other

countries, especially without the backing of the world!

When you're the most powerful nation in the world, you don't need
backing from the rest of the world. And when you're a strong supporter
of that nation, you don't either. So UK (along with Spain, Australia,
Poland, and others) is in pretty good shape if they need to protect
*their* interests.

Only pitiful, weak, little countries like France,

It is a matter of opinion about the good and bad about France's
Foreign Policy and role in the EU. However, any country that has Sea
launch ballistic solid fuel missles with nuclear warheads on submarines,
it is pretty much a ticket to destroy the world at a country's leisure
if the country and its leadership decides that it wants to do. The US,
Russia, UK, France have that capability. China have liquid fuel Sea
Launch missles, which is a little more difficult to destroy the world at
one's whim, but still possible. France may be called many names, and
their role in world and economic affairs will always be questioned, but
I can assure you they are not a weak little country. Sea launch nuclear
missles ballistic missles have one purpose, to destroy cities. If a
"rogue" nation would have the capacity as the Big 5 nations, it would
not be tolerated, because it such a deadly and difficult threat to take out.

However, in skiing terms, France is IMHO a superpower, From La Grave
to Mt.Blanc, Alpine Guides training are still set by French Standards,
the Creme de la Creme are not recognize unless they spend some time at
Chamonix. There are so many words use in skiing that are French, from
"piste" to "couloir" etc. etc. I suggest one should start using other
words to substitute the french version, such as "freedom chutes" instead
of couloirs, "freedom runs" instead of "piste" and "liberty skiing"
rather than "randonee".

I think there should be a debate about what North American Country is
the Skiing superpower, my vote at this moment is Canada has an edge over
the U.S, but then again, I haven't skied around Valdez yet, so i don't
have all the facts..

Ted

Old July 30th 03, 03:43 PM
AstroPax

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:11:26 GMT, Ted Waldron
wrote:

Sea launch nuclear missles ballistic missles have one purpose, to destroy cities.

Not true.

Due to their relatively short flight time, and low trajectory from
launch to impact, SLBM's are exceptionally well suited for use during
the early stage of a nuclear attack.

For example, SLBM DGZ's within the US would surly include our early
warning systems such as Cobra Dane, BMEWS, Pave Paws, and, any of the
bomber force that wasn't able to "launch under attack".

That's why during the cold war most of the SAC alert bomber force
was stationed in the middle of the CONUS...as far away from coastal
waters (and Soviet boomers) as possible.

-Astro, SAC Trained Killer.

Old July 30th 03, 06:26 PM
pigo

"Ted Waldron" wrote in message
t...

[...]

Well the ability to destroy the world is one thing. Enough powerful,
responsible nations have that ability and nuclear strikes are unlikely
from those powers, including France. That power is a deterant and not
likely to be used to settle a border skirmish. As far as the US, "we"
have overwhelming conventional power and don't need to use it.
The danger now is from a "non-nation" acting as a secret agent for an
impotent (on a world scale) rogue nation.

[...]

And what N. American Country has kept Europe free so that when you want
to ski Mt. Blanc it's not part of Germany or , more recently the USSR
or, even more recently a fundamentalist Muslim nation?

Old July 31st 03, 04:50 AM
Eric Holeman

In article ,
Terd Fartingmor wrote:

Tell that to the Romans, and the Soviets.

Funny you should mention...

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old July 31st 03, 03:08 PM
InMyTree

And what country waited until it got bombed before it lifted a finger?

Credit where credit is due.. the europeans needed America to win the war..
no doubt about that.. but you didn't come until it suited you..

Old July 31st 03, 03:24 PM
pigo

"InMyTree" wrote in message
And what country waited until it got bombed before it lifted a finger?

Credit where credit is due.. the europeans needed America to win the

war..
no doubt about that.. but you didn't come until it suited you..

And what N. American Country has kept Europe free so that when you

want
to ski Mt. Blanc it's not part of Germany or , more recently the

USSR
or, even more recently a fundamentalist Muslim nation?

We've gotten used to being damned when we do and damned when we don't.
So I'll admit you have me there. Either scerio give you a chance to say
we were either too early or too late. Not much I can do about a
simpleton that takes that route. We were supplying UK long before Pearl
Harbor fyi.