Stubai in November ?

Old October 17th 05, 10:25 AM
pablo

Default Stubai in November ?

Hi everybody,

do you know any links to piste map of Stubai glacier in Austria ?
After several escapade to Tux I am a bit bored. How to compare Stubai to
Hintertux ?
Is it good choice for the first half of Nov. ?

rgds,

Pawel

Old October 17th 05, 11:00 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

do you know any links to piste map of Stubai glacier in Austria ?
After several escapade to Tux I am a bit bored. How to compare Stubai to
Hintertux ?

Hintertux is way much preferable in terms of number, length and quality of
slopes.

Is it good choice for the first half of Nov. ?

Stubai is undoubtfully a good choice anyway, and according to your original
location, it might be a good compromise. I don't dislike it and, indeed, I
often spend there one day in November (never that soon, by the way).

Search google with stubai and you'll find the link your looking for. The
official site is something like www.stubaigletscher.at

Have fun.

Enotrio

Old October 17th 05, 11:17 AM
pablo

Hintertux is way much preferable in terms of number, length and quality of
slopes.

I guess it is smaller but in November numerous Tuix pistes are still closed.
What you mean quality of slopes ?

regards,

Pawel

Old October 17th 05, 01:46 PM
Enotrio Pallanzo

What you mean quality of slopes ?

More verticalitu in Tux than in Stubai, and more fun in skiing the Tux ones
for their conformation than it is possible in Stubai. But maybe it is only a
personal taste.

Have fun.

Enotrio

Old October 17th 05, 08:32 PM
PSmith

Stubai is the better glacier, beacuse it has more varied runs. Good choice
for early season skiing. At its best when *ALL* runs to Mittlestation are
open. Ideally the valley run should also be open. The hotel next door to the
talstation is particularly good.

Paul

Old October 18th 05, 08:19 AM
Florian Anwander

Hi Pablo

do you know any links to piste map of Stubai glacier in Austria ?
After several escapade to Tux I am a bit bored. How to compare Stubai to
Hintertux ?
Is it good choice for the first half of Nov. ?

Though Tux may be finally the more interesting area in good winter
conditions: in November I always prefer Stubaier Gletscher (usually I am
two or three weekends in Stubai before Christmas, at least at the
telemark festival). Stubai has more higher lifts than Tux and those
higher lifts are better shaded from south west storms. These storms are
very usual in the Alps in November, and Tux is much more 'open' to the
storm than Stubai (last year I was two times skiing in Stubai, while a
friend of mine had to stay in the valley in Tux, because the gondola did
not run).

Florian