Skiing near Boise Idaho?

Old January 10th 06, 02:22 AM

Default Skiing near Boise Idaho?

I might end up in Boise on business in a couple of weeks. I might be able
to extend my stay a day or two. Any recommendations? I took a quick look
at Sun Valley, which appears to be about 3 hours by car. I'm an advanced
skier, but have never skiied out West.

-GT

Old January 12th 06, 07:45 PM

GT wrote:
I might end up in Boise on business in a couple of weeks. I might be able
to extend my stay a day or two. Any recommendations? I took a quick look
at Sun Valley, which appears to be about 3 hours by car. I'm an advanced
skier, but have never skiied out West.

-GT

Check out Bogus Basin and Tamarack.

http://www.bogusbasin.com/

http://www.tamarackidaho.com/

Of the two, Bogus is closer....

Jeff

Old January 13th 06, 03:23 AM

"Jeff" writes:
GT wrote:
I might end up in Boise on business in a couple of weeks. I might be able
to extend my stay a day or two. Any recommendations? I took a quick look
at Sun Valley, which appears to be about 3 hours by car. I'm an advanced
skier, but have never skiied out West.

Sun Valley is a hike, although it would probably be worth it if you
could get in 2 days of skiing there. It's interstate to Mountain
Home, then a fairly hairy stretch, then dead straight unoccupied
federal highway.

Check out Bogus Basin and Tamarack.

Bogus is the local area for Boise. The skiing is pretty good --
better than anything on the East Coast, that's for sure.

If you're flying through Salt Lake, you might consider spending your
extra time there.

--
dhs
Old January 13th 06, 12:39 PM

Ahhh good point re. flying. I haven't even checked where my connections
would be.

Thanks all for the info.

-GT

Old January 13th 06, 03:42 PM

"GT" writes:
"David Spencer" wrote in message

If you're flying through Salt Lake, you might consider spending your
extra time there.

Ahhh good point re. flying. I haven't even checked where my connections
would be.

The nice thing about Salt Lake is that it has fantastic skiing within
a short drive of a major hub airport.

I'm in New York. It's easier for me to get to Alta or the Canyons than
to anyplace decent on the East Coast. And the skiing ....

--
dhs

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 07:43 PM