Dynastar Intuitiv 71 vs 74 (once again)

Old April 12th 05, 04:36 PM

Default Dynastar Intuitiv 71 vs 74 (once again)

Hello,
Your opinions, please...

How does the 74 work on the piste (and on hard snow), and 71 -
off-piste???
How do they ski at the high speed?

Help me - I have to make decision by tomorrow.
TIA
TA
Old April 15th 05, 04:41 PM

In article
,
wrote:

Your opinions, please...

How does the 74 work on the piste (and on hard snow), and 71 -
off-piste???
How do they ski at the high speed?

No replies...
:-(
However...
I have found some opinions on Intuitiv 74. Genarally... people speak v.
highly about these skis.
As far as the 71 are concerned - maybe they are not bad - but I have not
found any opinions/information.
So I decided to buy 74.
I went to the shop with my boots (ScarpaDenaliXT) and newly bought
bindings (NX01,
http://www.naxo.ch)...
And then...
All the people in that shop (Dynastar dealer in Warsaw, PL) swore that
because it not possible to mount these bindings to the 74. Same with 71.
They said because of the Looks dedicated plate only Looks can work with
Intuitive 74. Perhaps there are other bindings working with 71, but not
Naxos...

But...
I am almost sure I've seen people in the Alps skiing on Intuitive 74
with bindings other than Looks.
And my friend from Oslo (Norway) where Intuitive 74 is quite popular
swears she sees 74 with various bindings quite often. And these 74 do
not have any plate...

TA
Old April 16th 05, 02:56 PM
Uli Hausmann

schrieb:

So I decided to buy 74.

Good decision.

I went to the shop with my boots (ScarpaDenaliXT) and newly bought
bindings (NX01,
http://www.naxo.ch)...
And then...
All the people in that shop (Dynastar dealer in Warsaw, PL) swore that
because it not possible to mount these bindings to the 74. Same with 71.
They said because of the Looks dedicated plate only Looks can work with
Intuitive 74. Perhaps there are other bindings working with 71, but not
Naxos...

Do you see any plate in your new Big 74? I'm not aware of any, but
possibly i'm blind ... ;-))

But...
I am almost sure I've seen people in the Alps skiing on Intuitive 74
with bindings other than Looks.
And my friend from Oslo (Norway) where Intuitive 74 is quite popular
swears she sees 74 with various bindings quite often. And these 74 do
not have any plate...

:-))

Greetings,

Ulrich
Old April 16th 05, 03:06 PM
Sammy

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

The 74 is a great ski - fast and sure on piste, good edges and radius,
floaty and bouncy off-piste (maybe a little narrow under-foot?). My
set up was with Look bindings. Unfortunately the edges blew during a
season in Chamonix and I moved onto the Intuitiv Big with Fritschi
Freeride bindings, which I've been pretty happy with so far.
Sammy

Old April 16th 05, 06:13 PM

In article .com,
"Sammy" wrote:

The 74 is a great ski - fast and sure on piste, good edges and radius,
floaty and bouncy off-piste (maybe a little narrow under-foot?). My
set up was with Look bindings.

These Look-only plates seems to be a weird policy. There are only 2 real
freeriding bindings at the market (Fritschi Diamir Freeride and Naxos)...

Unfortunately the edges blew during a
season in Chamonix and I moved onto the Intuitiv Big with Fritschi
Freeride bindings, which I've been pretty happy with so far.

Bigs are too wide for me. How do they ski on the hard snow?

TA
Old April 20th 05, 07:10 PM

Hello,
As I said before I wanted to buy Inttuitiv 74.
Eventually, because the plate problem in 74, I've bought Intuitiv 71
Powertrack (109-71-100 182cm). I took the risk and mounted the Naxos to
them.
This is a kind of test.
The skis cost me 150 Euro. I cannot The Legend 6200 at the moment - they
cost twice as much...
Tomorrow I am going to the Tatry Mountains...
TA
Old May 2nd 05, 03:07 PM
Booker C. Bense

In article ,
wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

Eventually, because the plate problem in 74, I've bought Intuitiv 71
Powertrack (109-71-100 182cm). I took the risk and mounted the Naxos to
them.
This is a kind of test.
The skis cost me 150 Euro. I cannot afford The Legend 6200 at the moment - they
cost twice as much...
Tomorrow I am going to the Tatry Mountains...

I'm back.
The Naxos are great - that Virtual_Rotation_System really works and
going uphill is much easier than in other bindings. However I would
prefer to have one more level in the 'climbing heel latch'.
The Intuitiv 71 - were OK. Just OK. They didn't ski comfortable on the
hard icy pellets (how do you call that kind of snow?) And they sink a
bit in a crud...

_ Depends on how big the pellets are. Do you mean something like
graupel? This is pretty common in the spring.

http://amsglossary.allenpress.com/gl...ch?id=graupel1

Or refrozen crud?

I met people on Legend 8000. That was the perfect ski in such conditions
(crud, I mean). But they say Intuitiv 74 is much more versatile. So is
Legend 6200... That would be my next ski probably...
TA

_ I think there is a lot to be gained by skiing a wider ski in
off-piste conditions. Somewhere around 75mm-80mm underfoot seems to be the
sweet spot for a "does everything" ski. While wider skis have gotten
much better at dealing with hard snow in the last couple years, they
still are a struggle when it's bulletproof. Hard to believe that
just a few mm would make that much difference, but it really
does.

_ Booker C. Bense