Revised URL's on Miller's Poor Performance.

Old February 25th 06, 06:08 PM

Default Revised URL's on Miller's Poor Performance.

Phlubarb wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ma2dh

http://tinyurl.com/ozcoz

I believe that the reasons to dislike Bode Miller should be evident to everyone. Granted,
everyone is entitled to their own opinion including me, Sven and Bill Marolt.

I've come to actively detest the guy. He's an egotistical blowhard,
spouting self-serving, nonsensical rhetoric that's just rationalization
for a failure that is entirely his own fault. When he says he "rocked"
at the Olympics after this performance, he reminds me of someone else.
And I don't believe he's happy with the outcome, no matter what he claims.

I hate BLode.

Dave

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060225/...bnN1YmNh dA--

"I just did it my way. I'm not a martyr, and I'm not a do-gooder. I just
want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here," Miller said in an
exclusive interview with The Associated Press soon after he skidded off
the slalom course in his fifth and final race, completing an
0-for-the-Olympics.

Miller came to the Italian Alps cresting on a wave of expectations and
was considered a medal threat in every Alpine event. But he failed to
finish three of them and his best showing was fifth in the downhill —
part of a games with few highlights for the U.S. Ski Team.
As for his obligation to prepare, Miller said he was less ready for
these games than the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, where he won two
silver medals.

"I've been living my life as if I might have died two weeks before the
Olympics started," he said. "That left me the opportunity to dig deep,
to go down that other route, to make more sacrifices and get back to
where I was."
"Me, it's been an awesome two weeks," Miller said. "I got to party and
socialize at an Olympic level."
Old February 26th 06, 01:18 AM

Dave Stallard wrote:

Phlubarb wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ma2dh

http://tinyurl.com/ozcoz

I believe that the reasons to dislike Bode Miller should be evident to
everyone. Granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
including me, Sven and Bill Marolt.

I've come to actively detest the guy. He's an egotistical blowhard,

Who, Marolt? Mr. "Best in the World"? Right on, bro.

Old February 27th 06, 12:45 AM

Pops wrote:
His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want to
win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

Old February 27th 06, 04:16 AM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Pops wrote:
His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

Take it easy. He did say something like that. I'll try to do some research
since you don't want to trust that I didn't just make it up.

Pops

Old February 27th 06, 04:20 AM

Pops wrote:
His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

How's this Mary?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=29887

"My goals weren't to be the best in the world. I don't want to win the
overall World Cup. I wasn't trying to. I didn't prepare to do it."

His words, not mine.

Pops

Old February 27th 06, 04:23 AM

Pops wrote:
His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

How's this Mary?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=29887

"My goals weren't to be the best in the world. I don't want to win the
overall World Cup. I wasn't trying to. I didn't prepare to do it."

His words, not mine.

Pops

Gee, my mistake there. No Championship as you said. I should have said World
Cup. You get the same impression from his words though.

Pops

Old February 27th 06, 01:02 PM

Pops wrote:

His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

Take it easy. He did say something like that. I'll try to do some research
since you don't want to trust that I didn't just make it up.

I don't think you "made it up"; I'm certain that he said "overall World
Cup" and you remembered it as "World Championship". The two are
radically different things.

Old February 27th 06, 01:03 PM

Pops wrote:

His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Note...

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

How's this Mary?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=29887

"My goals weren't to be the best in the world. I don't want to win the
overall World Cup. I wasn't trying to. I didn't prepare to do it."

^^^^^^^^^

Note...

His words, not mine.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Old February 27th 06, 01:04 PM

Pops wrote:

His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

How's this Mary?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=29887

"My goals weren't to be the best in the world. I don't want to win the
overall World Cup. I wasn't trying to. I didn't prepare to do it."

His words, not mine.

Pops

Gee, my mistake there. No Championship as you said. I should have said World
Cup. You get the same impression from his words though.

I didn't, but I can see where you would if you don't know the difference
between the two.

Old February 28th 06, 02:13 AM

Pops wrote:

His best a brightest line was today. Something like, "I don't even want
to win the world championship this year."

I doubt he said that. There is no world championship this year.

But hey, the truth is irrelevant if you're slagging someone off, right?

How's this Mary?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=29887

"My goals weren't to be the best in the world. I don't want to win the
overall World Cup. I wasn't trying to. I didn't prepare to do it."

His words, not mine.

Pops

Gee, my mistake there. No Championship as you said. I should have said
World Cup. You get the same impression from his words though.

I didn't, but I can see where you would if you don't know the difference
between the two.

You just have a gift of insight I guess. I made a simple mistake. Sorry you
felt the need to turn on the attack mode.
I still by his words. Dumb and if he didn't have enough sense to see how
dumb it would sound, he should have just kept quiet.

I just blame him for being a goof. I recently read his book and was
impressed by a lot of what he had to say.

I think he got caught up in the whole thing. Easy to do for any of us.

Pops