Ping TCS

Old August 8th 04, 11:12 PM
vern93

Default Ping TCS

Hey TCS (and other smart folks)

I'm out in Aspen this week (before heading over to Maui!) and can not
figure out who the hell "Little Annie" is! I'm eaten in her diner, seen
her hotel, hiked her road and walked past her cabin. Who was she!?!?!?

Thanks! (Damn this place looks different in the summer!)

Dave
Old August 9th 04, 03:56 AM
TCS

I'm out in Aspen this week (before heading over to Maui!) and can not
figure out who the hell "Little Annie" is! I'm eaten in her diner, seen
her hotel, hiked her road and walked past her cabin. Who was she!?!?!?

She likes to remain mysterious - just like TCS. ;-)

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in less than 3 months.
Old August 9th 04, 08:15 PM
TCS

Hey TCS (and other smart folks)

I believe that the correct term is "knowledgeable", not "smart".

If I was smart I would be selling all this trivia info instead of giving it
away on the Internet.

Another possible answer: Maybe Annie is John Denver's wife. He wrote a song
about her called "Annie's Song". That didn't stop
theri marriage from breaking up, however. (I understand she didn't like
flying in private planes. Sorry - bad, bad.)

Old August 12th 04, 05:12 PM
Dave Stallard

TCS wrote:

Another possible answer: Maybe Annie is John Denver's wife. He wrote a song
about her called "Annie's Song". That didn't stop
theri marriage from breaking up, however. (I understand she didn't like
flying in private planes. Sorry - bad, bad.)

Or at least not the experimental kind. Wasn't the plane Denver crashed
in a push-propeller model?

Speaking of Aspen and John Denver, there's a really terrific book
"Whiteout - Lost in Aspen" by Ted Conover. It's Conover's account of
living in Aspen, driving a cab, and scamming his way on the fringes of
the Aspen high-life. John Denver (and his palatial home) makes an
appearance. There's also a really hilarious and obscene parody of
"Country Roads", which I will not repeat here. Good off-season reading.

Dave
Old August 12th 04, 06:16 PM
lal_truckee

Dave Stallard wrote:
TCS wrote:

Another possible answer: Maybe Annie is John Denver's wife. He wrote
a song
about her called "Annie's Song". That didn't stop theri marriage from
breaking up, however. (I understand she didn't like
flying in private planes. Sorry - bad, bad.)

Or at least not the experimental kind. Wasn't the plane Denver crashed
in a push-propeller model?

Speaking of Aspen and John Denver, there's a really terrific book
"Whiteout - Lost in Aspen" by Ted Conover. It's Conover's account of
living in Aspen, driving a cab, and scamming his way on the fringes of
the Aspen high-life. John Denver (and his palatial home) makes an
appearance. There's also a really hilarious and obscene parody of
"Country Roads", which I will not repeat here. Good off-season reading.

I'll look for it; But my recommendation for good off-season reading is
Mike Wilson's "Right on the Edge of Crazy" about the downhillers.

Or for wannabee retrogrouches, Minnie Dole's memoir of pre-war skiing
and the formation of the 10th Mtn, titled "Adventures in Skiing" I believe.
Old August 12th 04, 07:28 PM
bdubya

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:16:25 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:
TCS wrote:

[...]

I'm in the middle of Krakauer's _Under the Banner of Heaven_.
Yikes. If I was the father of a pre-teen girl, I'd forget Utah for
the next family trip. (Unfair stereotype, I know, but yikes).

bw
Old August 12th 04, 08:06 PM
lal_truckee

wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

TCS wrote:

[...]

Krakauer's my least favorite author after the hatchet job he pulled on
Boukreev. Doesn't mean I don't read his work - he writes well, about
stuff I'm interested in - but I don't trust anything he says without
independent confirmation from reliable sources.

(In this case the beer situation, personally experienced, provides all
the confirmation anyone would need to support what you so generously
describe as the "Utah yikes" factor.)

Ping Astropax Lisa Horton Alpine Skiing 37 June 11th 04 10:22 PM
Ping Ping Walt Alpine Skiing 11 May 14th 04 03:37 PM
Ping: Assholepax, stalking freak and pathological liar. scottabe Alpine Skiing 10 March 22nd 04 02:51 AM
ping Astro pigo Alpine Skiing 7 February 28th 04 04:23 PM
Ping: Sam. Loveland opens! Let Mikey Ski It! Alpine Skiing 1 October 28th 03 11:31 AM