ping bev

Old October 15th 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default ping bev

Bev,
this is the error message I get when I try to post to rsam:

A News (NNTP) error occurred: mail: RCPT
(554 5.7.1
: Relay access denied)

after I "OK" the above, I get

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be posted because connecting to the news server
failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing connections. Please
verify that your news server settings are correct and try again, or else
contact your network administrator.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with the news server because
I'm posting here with the same server. I'm thinking it may
be the moderator-bot. Do I maybe have to log on with my
"real" email address? It's not too big a deal, or maybe
I can use my Yahoo address.

A quick check of the back log of rsam will show that I have
posted there in the past. I would say that I've been having
a problem only in the last 2 months.
RW
Old October 15th 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Oct 15, 2:20*pm, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

I have tried posting in RSAM multiple times now, through Google Groups
no less, and nothing seems to get through...What gives ?
Old October 15th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ[_2_]

On 10/15/2010 5:20 PM, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

Hey RW,
Try unsubscribing to the newsgroup, shut down Thunderbird, then open
Thunderbird and then resubscribe to newsgroup.

JQ

Ride fast, ride hard, ride for health and enjoyment...
JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old October 16th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:
[...]

OK, I'll get back to you.
Old October 16th 10, 12:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 15, 5:17*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:

[...]

OK, I'll get back to you.- Hide quoted text -

Would you assholes stop treating this newsgroup and handle this by
email, so you can all move over to your private censored terrorist
newsgroup and leave rsa to decent people?
Old October 16th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:
[...]

Tried it, didn't work.
Same messages.

Old October 16th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 15, 9:24*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:

[...]

Dancing on the edge- Hide quoted text -

I submitted a reply to a thread on RSAM, it apparently got thru, but
haven't seen it yet as the moderator must be vacationing.
Old October 16th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:

[...]

newsgroup and leave rsa to decent people?- Hide quoted text -

who are the decent people??
Old October 16th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

I posted over there when this discussion started. It got through just
fine. I don't know what the problem is.
Old October 16th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On 10/15/2010 07:50 PM, JQ wrote:

[...]

None left. They all fled this ******** in disgust. One thing for
su you are not and never will be a decent human being, freak.

Ping Horveowulf Clarencedarrow Alpine Skiing 0 April 2nd 08 09:25 PM
Shang Xi Ping Yao 518 [email protected] Snowboarding 0 May 26th 07 08:14 AM
Ping Mike S. [email protected] Alpine Skiing 8 May 18th 05 05:04 PM
Ping TCS vern93 Alpine Skiing 8 August 12th 04 08:06 PM
Ping Ping Walt Alpine Skiing 11 May 14th 04 03:37 PM