Sestriere Ski Guide/tuition

Old February 3rd 05, 11:51 AM
Joe Roach

Default Sestriere Ski Guide/tuition

Despite the depressing conditions, I'm off (with family) to Sestriere in a
couple of weeks. My eldest son is an accomplished skier and I would like to
get him a guide for a day to give him a good workout (and give the remainder
of the family a rest). I've had a look at the web site but it's light on
detail.

Any experiences of the local ski school(s) etc would be welcome.

Joe

Old February 3rd 05, 12:23 PM
Paul Schofield

"Joe Roach" wrote in message
Despite the depressing conditions, I'm off (with family) to Sestriere in a
couple of weeks. My eldest son is an accomplished skier and I would like

get him a guide for a day to give him a good workout (and give the

remainder
of the family a rest). I've had a look at the web site but it's light on
detail.

Any experiences of the local ski school(s) etc would be welcome.

Joe

Don't know the area or your son's age so this may be useless info, but the
Ski Club of GB have a rep in linked resort of Sauze D'Oulx. My son skied
(15) with club in Meribel for 3 days last year and they were excellent. Ski
Club membership is really cheap for kids - especially compared to cost of
guide.

Web site is the obvious www.skiclub.co.uk

HTH

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old February 3rd 05, 02:49 PM
Joe Roach

"Paul Schofield" wrote in message

"Joe Roach" wrote in message
[...]

Good call - my son is 16. I'll check it out.

Thanks

Joe

Old February 4th 05, 03:23 PM
Sarah Eggleston

"Joe Roach" wrote in message

[...]

Do, we weren't overly impressed with Sestriere (Borgata) ski school in
2003. Their worst effort was leaving 2 (adult) beginners on the
mountain, and there was a lot of "follow-my-leader" skiing at all group
levels.

The good part of ski school was that for intermediate/advanced skiers
they organise a ski-all-day trip from Sestriere across most of the Milky
Way. It finishes up near Montgenevre with a helicopter ride home, seems
good value for €50 on top of ski school. They will take non-ski-school
members on this trip if they need the numbers to fill up the helicopter.

-Sarah

Old February 6th 05, 08:54 PM
andy

Just back from Sauze - 7 days of sun and the snow is getting scarce!

However had excellent ski instructor from the local ski school - Luciana
(Lucy to the locals). Best instructor we have ever had, also does boarding
tuition and she knows the Sauze / ASestriere areas very well - she won the
European Cup Womens downhill at Sestriere in 1978.

I will se if I can get a contact email - her parents run a hotel in Sauze.

Andy H

Old February 7th 05, 12:44 PM
Rob White

If you are still looking I know ain instructor personally, who lives near
Turin and teaches in Serre Chevalier. Very nice bloke (which is why we kept
in contact) who has invited us there to stay and who came here for a week
last summer. Repost your message or send me an e-mail if you are still
interested and I can put you in touch.

Rob