Afton rollerskiing.

Old October 8th 04, 05:11 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default Afton rollerskiing.

Last weekend, Dave and I passed three experienced female skiers. They
were skiing down the right lane of traffic, but taking up the whole
right lane. Later, I talked with Julie who was riding out there, and I
asked her to email her remarks about the morning.:

"I stopped on Indian trail rd (drive?) while riding Sunday morning
....to see a friend. He commented how at a kids birthday party the day
before, many people from the Afton area expressed frustration over the
dangerous behavior displayed by the rollerskiers in the area.
They are concerned that the rollerskiers not only take up an entire
lane but will also cross the centerline endangering everyone. I
ensured my friend the Sunday group Jay skies with are always trying to
keep everyone within the lane,and not skiing triple wide etc.
Then what do I see as I leave Afton that morning on my bike going up
that (curvy) mother of hills, 3 women skiing up the WRONG side of the
rode and in the middle of the lane....(not just on the shoulder) which
put me in danger if a car swerved to avoid them and crosses into my
lane of traffic."

So, they were skiing up the left side _and_ taking up the whole lane.
A number of years ago, Afton kicked out the big bike race that was
held out there. I don't think it will take much to kick out the
rollerskiers.

Jay (I shoulda bitched at 'em) Wenner