CBC TV ?

Old February 20th 06, 04:07 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Listen to you guys....We get the best coverage in years.. far fewer up
close and personal spots about obscure atheletes, minumum focus on the
US skiers if they are not in the hunt and some great video. Huge
improvement over past years.

....and people are still complaining...no it is not Eurosport but here
is a news flash, we don't get Eurosport in the US. Sure they would be
better if they had been broadcasting races weekly but for once every 4
yrs they are doing fine.

Al Trautwig is much better at this than in previous broadcasts and we
are seeing more actuall racing than ever before. I've been very
impressed and surprised at the quality of the presentations.
Technically, you can get the Eurosport broadcasts. It's called Denness Tracker. And I agree with the above comments, the commentary from NBC is very obnoxious and sounds as if they don't want to be within 30km of the race site (which is probably true). They probably haven't even strapped on a pair of cross-country skis before. That's why I watch CBC which is a little better, but then I download the Eurosport and listen to David Goldstrom and crew and really enjoy the races. But with regards to the initial post. I'd just go and download the Eurosport broadcasts and then download them into a VCD or DVD format disc so you can watch it on your TV. I watch the races on my TV from my computer via S-Video Cable and the quality is amazing.
Cheers,
Adam
Smithers,BC