End Of Season - Food!!!

Old March 26th 04, 12:58 AM
Marsh Jones

Default End Of Season - Food!!!

As I was riding home in a thunderstorm this afternoon, I got to thinking
about my favorite Apres-Ski, ride destination, pre-ski type places for
breakfast. OK Skiers, fess up. Everybody has 'em, mostly we try to
keep them sorta secret (so we can still get in).

My nominations:
Buffalo Cafe - Whitefish, MT. Cowboy coffee and anything
Duck Brand Cafe and Cantina - Winthrop, WA Raspberry muffins and
potatoes&salsa
Minglewood Cafe - Ely, MN - [somebody's] Special
Two Cats - Bar Harbor, ME - dang, it was all good.

Marsh Jones
New Brighton, MN
Old March 26th 04, 11:08 AM
Jay Tegeder

The Traprock in Dresser, Wisconsin has awesome breakfasts. It's in the
same neighborhood as the famed Trollmenkollen ski area.

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

Old March 26th 04, 02:56 PM
Chris Esposito

Marsh Jones wrote:
As I was riding home in a thunderstorm this afternoon, I got to thinking
about my favorite Apres-Ski, ride destination, pre-ski type places for
breakfast. OK Skiers, fess up. Everybody has 'em, mostly we try to
keep them sorta secret (so we can still get in).

My nominations:
Buffalo Cafe - Whitefish, MT. Cowboy coffee and anything
Duck Brand Cafe and Cantina - Winthrop, WA Raspberry muffins and
potatoes&salsa
Minglewood Cafe - Ely, MN - [somebody's] Special
Two Cats - Bar Harbor, ME - dang, it was all good.

The Duck in Winthrop gets my vote; I've even been able to talk my wife
into weekend ski trips out there (a 4 hr drive for us) just so she can
get their oatmeal.

Chris

Old March 26th 04, 04:33 PM
J999w

"The Doctor's Office" in West Allis, WI.

"Where are you going, Dear?" ... "To the Doctor" !

jw
milwaukee

Old March 26th 04, 06:09 PM
jim farrell

Marsh Jones wrote:
As I was riding home in a thunderstorm this afternoon, I got to thinking
about my favorite Apres-Ski, ride destination, pre-ski type places for
breakfast. OK Skiers, fess up. Everybody has 'em, mostly we try to
keep them sorta secret (so we can still get in).

My nominations:
Buffalo Cafe - Whitefish, MT. Cowboy coffee and anything
Duck Brand Cafe and Cantina - Winthrop, WA Raspberry muffins and
potatoes&salsa
Minglewood Cafe - Ely, MN - [somebody's] Special
Two Cats - Bar Harbor, ME - dang, it was all good.

Marsh Jones
New Brighton, MN

Don and GG's in Ironwood: beyond bar food: pistachio encrusted yellow
fin, for example. Owned by the owner of the trek and trail across the
lot, a wolverine nordic club member.

Jim
Old March 26th 04, 06:36 PM
Bob

Ikeda's - Auburn CA - order the Teriyaki chicken sandwich and grab several
extra napkins.
Dragonfly - Truckee CA - Asia / California fusion. Order a soup bowl for
lunch or (as I often do) order multiple appetizers and call it a "tasting
menu" dinner.
Bob

Old March 26th 04, 09:31 PM
sknyski

Starbucks.

bt
Old March 26th 04, 10:32 PM
Gary Jacobson

Blue Ben Diner in Bennington, Vt. on the way to or from Prospect Mt.

32 Lunch in Rosendale. This place could be in a movie. Wait- it was in a
movie : Personal Velocity, and I think another one too. Nothing but local
characters of all types on the stools an in the booths with continuous
Grateful Dead tapes playing. Dry cleaning fumes waft in from the
establishment next door. Always wins "best breakfast" in Hudson Valley
award.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY were I just arrived home to after a 50 mile road ride.

Old March 27th 04, 01:45 PM
George Cleveland

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 01:58:13 GMT, Marsh Jones
wrote:

As I was riding home in a thunderstorm this afternoon, I got to thinking
about my favorite Apres-Ski, ride destination, pre-ski type places for
breakfast. OK Skiers, fess up. Everybody has 'em, mostly we try to
keep them sorta secret (so we can still get in).

My nominations:
Buffalo Cafe - Whitefish, MT. Cowboy coffee and anything
Duck Brand Cafe and Cantina - Winthrop, WA Raspberry muffins and
potatoes&salsa
Minglewood Cafe - Ely, MN - [somebody's] Special
Two Cats - Bar Harbor, ME - dang, it was all good.

Marsh Jones
New Brighton, MN

The Co-op Cafe in Hayward at 5am before the Birkie.

Any of the food stations during the Birkie who managed to stash away
some donut holes for us Back of the Packers.

g.c.

Who'll have to try that place in Ironwood the next time he's up that
way.