Half term dates for Feb 2006?

Old July 19th 05, 05:17 PM
Steve Pardoe

Default Half term dates for Feb 2006?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have tried Google Groups, and the page at
http://www.ski-lesarcs.com/fr/infos/...calendrier.php still shows
2004/05.

Can anyone kindly tell me what February dates to avoid in the coming season
in France / Italy - friends have invited us to join them in St Martin (de
Belleville) for a week from the 25th, but we'd like to squeeze in a second
week either before or after that.

Any thoughts on St Martin as a resort? We're relatively inexperienced,
about fifth / sixth week skiers, so crowded pistes and long queues for the
easier ones are particularly problematical!

TIA,
Steve P

Old July 19th 05, 05:55 PM
Steve

Dunno about Italy, but the France stuff is here...
http://www.education.gouv.fr/prat/ca...calendrier.php

Looks like 4th Feb to 5th March... so the week after your week of the
25th looks best!

Steve

:

Old July 23rd 05, 05:20 PM
Steve Pardoe

Thanks, Steve, but can anyone shed light on Feb half term dates for the rest
of Europe (especially the UK!)?
Tks,
Other Steve

Old July 23rd 05, 06:12 PM
Joe Roach

"Steve Pardoe" wrote in message
Thanks, Steve, but can anyone shed light on Feb half term dates for the
rest
of Europe (especially the UK!)?
Tks,
Other Steve

snip

Just get hold of any UK Ski brochure and look for the most expensive weeks
in Feb.

Prices rocket for week beginning Sat 11 Feb, fall a bit for week beginning
18 Feb and then get back to "reasonable"

Old July 25th 05, 10:04 AM
Stan Mullery

If your on a six term year then the week of 18th - 25th Feb is end of
term week. Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire.

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:14:33 +0100, David Mahon
wrote:

In article , Steve Pardoe
writes
Thanks, Steve, but can anyone shed light on Feb half term dates for the rest
of Europe (especially the UK!)?

Term
Start
Half term
End

Autumn 2005
Mon, 5 Sep
Mon, 24 Oct to Fri 4 Nov
Fri, 16 Dec (12 noon)

Spring 2006
Mon, 9 Jan
Mon, 13 Feb to Fri 17 Feb
Fri, 31 Mar (12 noon)

Summer 2006
Thu, 20 Apr
Mon, 29 May to Fri 2 Jun
Wed, 12 Jul (12 noon)

Autumn 2006
Mon, 11 Sep
Mon, 23 Oct to Tue 31 Oct
Fri, 15 Dec (12 noon)

Spring 2007
Mon, 8 Jan
Mon, 19 Feb to Fri 23 Feb
Fri, 30 Mar (12 noon)

Summer 2007
Thu, 18 Apr
Mon, 28 May to Fri 1 Jun
Wed, 11 Jul (12 noon)

Old July 25th 05, 03:54 PM
Steve Pardoe

Many thanks for the very helpful replies!

Now we just need to choose a resort for the second week....

Steve