Snow Summit 2/9/12

Old February 10th 12, 04:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Snow Summit 2/9/12

Went with two old friends. Chair 1 not running today, but I was pleased
to note that I wasn't wiped out by the climb to Chair 2. Friends are
improving. Elaine loves her 36" yard-sale skis and only fell once. She
(62) and Henri (86, skier since childhood) both have more stamina than I
do, and that sucks badly.

Stopped for lunch around 11:30. Henri brought chicken/feta/Cholula/pita
sandwiches.By the time we got going again the slush had arrived. One
run over to Log Chute and home. Managed to avoid the sudden puddle at
the very bottom, which caught me last time.

We will NOT stop to eat again. Nibble trail mix on the lift, and DO NOT
waste the pre-slush snow. It was really nice between 10:00 and 11:00

Friend (whose middle name is Chutzpah) moved his car near the ticket
windows to load up our stuff, and one of the parking guys tried to chase
us out because we weren't stockholders. We pointed to the absent
friend's handicapped tag (a quad bypass earns you a permanent
handicapped tag) and he went away, but not happy.

Wonder how much a buy-in costs...

Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
look at. Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
which would be a welcome change.

Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

--
Cheers, Bev
An organizer for the "Million Agoraphobics March" expressed
Old February 10th 12, 05:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 9, 9:42*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. I'm staying home.
Old February 10th 12, 02:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 9, 10:25*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

I'm skiing Dear Valet today. I'm the only person who posts here who
will be skiing DV. For damn sure, Saddam Bob Thompson will not be on
the beach at noon.
My soul sings with gloating. You would not understand. Like with
balls, you don't have a soul, and don't know the difference.
Old February 10th 12, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/09/2012 10:25 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real wrote:

Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
look at. Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
which would be a welcome change.

Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. I'm staying home.

Good choice. SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ata/noname.htm

--
Cheers, Bev
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """
Old February 10th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real *wrote:

*Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
*look at. *Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
*which would be a welcome change.

*Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. *I'm staying home.

Good choice. *SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ata/noname.htm

--
Cheers, Bev
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """
"We're from the Government. *We're here to help."

Cool site. I wonder what it looks like on my phone.
Old February 10th 12, 04:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real wrote:

Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
look at. Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
which would be a welcome change.

Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. I'm staying home.

Good choice. SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ata/noname.htm

Bensweather says it's 54F at 9:30. SS weather says 55.3. Good cross-check.

http://bigbearweather.com/index.php

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens
Old February 10th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real wrote:

Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
look at. Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
which would be a welcome change.

Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. I'm staying home.

Good choice. SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

Cool site. I wonder what it looks like on my phone.

So how did it look?

Old February 10th 12, 05:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

* *On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real * *wrote:

* * *Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
* * *look at. *Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
* * *which would be a welcome change.

* * *Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

* *I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. *I'm staying home.

*Good choice. *SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
*at 8:30 this morning.

Cool site. *I wonder what it looks like on my phone.

So how did it look?

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens
to suck you out of your car.

Good, and I saved a bookmark.
Old February 10th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real * wrote:

* Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
* look at. *Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
* which would be a welcome change.

* Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work..

*I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. *I'm staying home..

Good choice. *SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ata/noname.htm

Bensweather says it's 54F at 9:30. SS weather says 55.3. *Good cross-check.

http://bigbearweather.com/index.php

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens
to suck you out of your car.

It's a little depressing to realize that it is mid-February and we are
already on Spring setup at SS.

Old February 10th 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, The Real * wrote:

* Today's high was either 52 or 64 depending on which weatherguesser you
* look at. *Next week it's supposed to be really cold (highs in the 30s),
* which would be a welcome change.

* Still, half a day on the slopes is MUCH better than a day at work.

*I was trying to decide if I should go tomorrow. *I'm staying home.

Good choice. *SS has its own weather station at the base, and it's 47F
at 8:30 this morning.

http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ata/noname.htm

Bensweather says it's 54F at 9:30. SS weather says 55.3. *Good cross-check.

http://bigbearweather.com/index.php

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens
to suck you out of your car.

It's a little depressing to realize that it is mid-February and we are
already on Spring setup at SS.

Bear Mt is now opening Chair 4 (Silver) in the morning and Chair 8
(Geronimo) in the afternoon. Maybe they will have longer hour on the
weekend.