Trying to post

Old May 24th 06, 05:41 AM

Default Trying to post

Just checking to see if I can post...

Old May 24th 06, 08:47 AM

Mike Y wrote:
Just checking to see if I can post...

looks like you can

Four days then back to the snow yipee !!

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old May 25th 06, 02:49 AM

"MoonMan" wrote in message
Mike Y wrote:
Just checking to see if I can post...

looks like you can

Four days then back to the snow yipee !!

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

That's it, rub it in!

A couple of us were sitting around the campfire last Saturday, and I
actually
started looking forward to ski season and wishing it would be here. Usually
that doesn't happen till July or so...

As to my post, I used to post here, then for some reason I couldn't. (But
it
was quite a while.) I just had to resubscribe is all.

Old May 25th 06, 01:40 PM

Chris

I have a question on the ski areas you use. Is is possible for a out of
country person to guest at one of your races?
I am curious about the artificial slopes that you use, I would like to
try to ski on it. Many years ago I skated on glice a plastic ice. That
was not a friction free as they claimed. But it was a great workout, you
had to keep pushing or you just slowed down, there was no stroke and glide.

michael
doctor said I could try skating in a few weeks

Old May 25th 06, 02:21 PM

down_hill wrote:
Chris

I have a question on the ski areas you use. Is is possible for a out
of country person to guest at one of your races?
I am curious about the artificial slopes that you use, I would like to
try to ski on it. Many years ago I skated on glice a plastic ice. That
was not a friction free as they claimed. But it was a great workout,
you had to keep pushing or you just slowed down, there was no stroke
and glide.
michael
doctor said I could try skating in a few weeks

Interesting question, I think you could,
At the lower level of national races you can enter one race a year on a "Day
Registration"
In our regional Summer league there wouldn't be a problem, you could just
join one of the clubs.

Dendex is not a slippery as snow, but the slopes tend to be relatively
steep, so you normally only have to push to accelerate.
On the other hand most slopes are only big enough for a 15 to 18 gate slalom
and there are only two that can rally hold GS races.

If you where coming over here anyway it might be worth it, but it would be a
long way to go just for a few sub 20 second runs.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old May 26th 06, 12:33 PM

MoonMan wrote:

down_hill wrote:

[...]

My wife wants to go to europe. I want to get in some racing, also there
are some formula race shops I want to visit in theUK.

michael