It's About Time

Old September 8th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

Default It's About Time

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:06:58 +1000, "ant"
wrote this crap:

Ah, he's on the bike. That explains it. Putting along, he could be typing
and wardriving for access. Maybe his laptop doesn't do wireless. or he
hasn't found the button.

He's probably in jail, somewhere. And he's not allowed library
privileges because he was caught abusing some of the inmates.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old September 8th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

Harry Weiner wrote:

He's probably in jail, somewhere. And he's not allowed library
privileges because he was caught abusing some of the inmates.

They were caught abusing him, more like it, and he refused to press charges.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old September 8th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 8, 4:37 am, Clarencedarrow
wrote:
On Sep 8, 1:58 am, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

She
is making a bank deposit for me in the morning. It's just to save me a trip
to the bank. There is no Wells Fargo in JH. The nearest Wells Fargo is 50
miles south of here.

Now lemme get this straight, you don't have a personal bank in JH.
Everybody has to have a local personal bank to conduct basic local
business and your mommy is conducting your business for you? You ARE
retarded. If she can conduct business by phone, why can't you?

Perhaps because it's HER money?

BTW, I had a little adventure attempting to pay the phone bill by
phone last night. We haven't been using the land line at all and we
are planning to drop it in favor of cell phones (we have 6 for a
family of five and my wife's two businesses) and cable connections.
Well, if you ignore the phone company long enough, they will
disconnect the line for you, so I tried to get reinstated just long
enough to pay up and cancel. First, I called the Customer Service
number on the bill - Business office is closed until Monday, but if I
stayed on the line, I could attempt to pay by phone. When I finally
got through the security check (code number on the bill, zip code and
last 4 digits of SSAN), the phone told me I owed "Zero dollars" and
refused to accept a payment. So I tried the on-line method at
att.com. I had no record of an account with them, so I tried to set
one up. Apparently we already have one tied to the phone number, so
it asked me for my login name and password. Not knowing what it might
be, I tried the login and password I usually use on throwaway accounts
(like newspapers that require a login to search their archives). That
didn't work, but there was a "forgot your password?" tab, so I clicked
that. It returned with a login name that I have never used and a
password hint that made me realize I had created the account when our
phone company was still called SBC. OK, finally logged in, they even
knew my bank account number already and accepted my payment as
requested. However, they still had the final word - "Service may not
be restored for 2 business days".

So now I have to email anyone who might wnat to call me and tell them
to use my cell phone number from now on.

Old September 8th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Vincent Walker wrote:

Fascinating. Are you an advocate of the Technical school of trading or the
Fundamentalist school of trading and why?

I'm a practitioner of the hold IBM for 22 years come hell or high water
school.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old September 8th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Harry Weiner wrote:

He's probably in jail, somewhere. And he's not allowed library
privileges because he was caught abusing some of the inmates.

And you spew unmittigated bull**** at the drop of a hat. You people make
it impossible to take anything published in r.s.a. seriously.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old September 8th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Sep 8, 2:38 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Vincent Walker wrote:

Fascinating. Are you an advocate of the Technical school of trading or the
Fundamentalist school of trading and why?

I'm a practitioner of the hold IBM for 22 years come hell or high water
school.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

IBM just had a huge scientific breakthrough in making data switches at
the molecular level. It will probably revolutionize the
industry...and is (As yet) much more feasible than "quantum
computing". IBM is probably good stock to hold on to right now.

Jeff you need to admit, you may have chosen the ski now / ski forever
lifestyle...That's fine...But it does come at a tremendous cost. One
in which virtually all people your age reject. That's because they
have closer ties to family, jobs...and other things in life which give
them jsut as much (if not more) fulfillment and joy.

Old September 8th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Sep 8, 2:41 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,

Harry Weiner wrote:

He's probably in jail, somewhere. And he's not allowed library
privileges because he was caught abusing some of the inmates.

And you spew unmittigated bull**** at the drop of a hat. You people make
it impossible to take anything published in r.s.a. seriously.

It's Usenet, Jeff. Hell, it's the internet. Take what you want,
leave what you want.

Old September 8th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Sep 8, 4:43 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 8, 2:38 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

I'm a practitioner of the hold IBM for 22 years come hell or high water
school.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

IBM just had a huge scientific breakthrough in making data switches at
the molecular level. It will probably revolutionize the
industry...and is (As yet) much more feasible than "quantum
computing". IBM is probably good stock to hold on to right now.

Unfortunately one stock does not a portfolio make. With this
character, it's just name-dropping on a corporate level. IBM has had
its share of major miscues particularly in the late eighties which
required significant restructuring. That is why, effective
diversification is necessary. Proof - look at all those poor people
that had their retirement savings tied up in the Enron debacle. Ya
never know. However, it appears that Mr. Doofus again avoided
answering the question put to him. Big surprise.

Old September 8th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Sep 8, 4:43 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

Jeff you need to admit, you may have chosen the ski now / ski forever
lifestyle...That's fine...But it does come at a tremendous cost. One
in which virtually all people your age reject. That's because they
have closer ties to family, jobs...and other things in life which give
them jsut as much (if not more) fulfillment and joy.

What's the matter? You seem to be in a pensive mood. Very subdued.
100% correct but subdued.

First Time Kid JayD Nordic Skiing 3 February 12th 07 01:43 AM
Best time to buy Avarice Alpine Skiing 4 February 16th 06 03:06 AM
Now. It's time. Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 5 March 25th 04 12:37 AM
Next time I'll pay more attention to the half-time show Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 15 February 4th 04 04:38 AM
It's Time Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 14 August 16th 03 04:44 AM