Junior ski or adult?

Old March 14th 06, 01:31 PM

Default Junior ski or adult?

Hello,

What is the cutoff between Junior skis and adult skis for a 12 yo, 115 boy?
i can;t figure out if he should be on a junior ski still or not? looking at
twintips in the 140-150 cm length.

thanks for the help

Cheers

Paul

Old March 14th 06, 04:17 PM

Paul C. wrote:
Hello,

What is the cutoff between Junior skis and adult skis for a 12 yo, 115 boy?
i can;t figure out if he should be on a junior ski still or not? looking at
twintips in the 140-150 cm length.

Is he growing bigger or smaller?
Old March 14th 06, 05:35 PM

"Paul C." wrote in message
m...
Hello,

What is the cutoff between Junior skis and adult skis for a 12 yo, 115
boy? i can;t figure out if he should be on a junior ski still or not?
looking at twintips in the 140-150 cm length.

thanks for the help

Cheers

Paul

At 12 years old and 115 lbs. how tall? He is still growing hopefully not in
weight but in height.
You'd be best doing a seasonal rental on skis and boots. This way as he
grows he can get the next size in boots.
He needs a softer ski so I recommend a Junior ski. Rossignol has a Junior
ski Bandit that is a semi twin tip.
The 140 - 150cm length may be too long for him. Is he a beginner if so go
shorter, he'll learn much faster and have
a better time at it.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old March 14th 06, 07:24 PM

He is getting taller every day . he is about 5'2" now. he should be a
couple inches taller and 10 pounds heavier (at most) by the end of next
season (05/07). he is a decent skier. we ski in vermont (mostly
killington) and he follows me down every trail there is. i would rate him
as a 7 out of 10 for skills.

thanks for the help.

regards

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
. com...

Old March 14th 06, 07:30 PM

He is running alot in the off season. he has very little fat on him. he is
about 5'2" now. these are the growing years for him . he is skiing a
137cm 1080 junior ski now. ski looks a little short for him but he flies on
it. i am really looking for a ski for next season and the one after that in
this new purchase. he is a pretty decent skier. follows me through bumps
and crud without much problem at all. He is getting better all the time.
he skis about 25 days a year since he was 3 yo. mostly at killington,
vermont.

At what size are the junior skis no good for a growing boy?

thanks for the help

Cheers

Paul

"JQ" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 15th 06, 12:52 AM

Yeah, that;s it . i want my nephew to look like a pencil?

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

JQ wrote:

At 12 years old and 115 lbs. how tall? He is still growing hopefully not
in weight but in height.

So he can be, what, six feet tall and 115 pounds? ;-)

Discount tix for Summit County? Miko the pooch North American Ski Resorts 3 January 26th 06 05:23 PM
utah broady Snowboarding 13 January 16th 05 01:27 AM
FS: One-Day Adult Lift Ticket to Stratton Richard Mandel Alpine Skiing 0 March 22nd 04 11:31 PM
adult snowboard camps Frank L Lynn Snowboarding 5 February 24th 04 03:35 AM
FS: XC Ski boots - 2 adult one kids Tony Curran Nordic Skiing 2 February 17th 04 03:11 AM