Rossignol Bandit B2

Old November 23rd 04, 02:58 PM
Paul

Default Rossignol Bandit B2

Hi all

I am going to be buying some Rossi Bandi B2's (Ski only) this year and have
been shopping around and searching for the best price. The cheapest price I
found was £195 but that was last year and the shop ran out of stock or went
out of business because I cannot find any nearly as cheap.

OK, so two things, Does anyone know a good shop either online or....
offline! that have a really good price for ski only? or should I wait till I
get out skiing in jan and risk trying to get a better deal in resort? or,
any other good suggestions welcome.

Also if anybody is out and about in a resort at the moment and happens to
have passed a ski shop, how much were they going for?

Cheers
Paul

Old November 23rd 04, 03:28 PM
Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi all

I am going to be buying some Rossi Bandi B2's (Ski only) this year and

have
been shopping around and searching for the best price. The cheapest price

found was £195 but that was last year and the shop ran out of stock or

went
out of business because I cannot find any nearly as cheap.

OK, so two things, Does anyone know a good shop either online or....
offline! that have a really good price for ski only? or should I wait till

get out skiing in jan and risk trying to get a better deal in resort? or,
any other good suggestions welcome.

Also if anybody is out and about in a resort at the moment and happens to
have passed a ski shop, how much were they going for?

Cheers
Paul

forgot to add what I have found already

www.telemark-pyrenees.com 479euro = £335

www.summits.co.uk £339

www.edge2edge.co.uk £347

www.snowandrock.com £359

www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk £360

www.ellisBrigham.co.uk £360

www.europaskilodge.co.uk £399

www.missionadventure.co.uk £419

www.freetime1.co.uk £425 - (website says £340 reduced to £299 but that was
last year)

www.missionadventure.co.uk £419

www.filarinskis.co.uk £489

www.sailandski.co.uk £495

Old November 23rd 04, 03:38 PM
Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi all

I am going to be buying some Rossi Bandi B2's (Ski only) this year and

have
been shopping around and searching for the best price. The cheapest price

found was £195 but that was last year and the shop ran out of stock or

went
out of business because I cannot find any nearly as cheap.

OK, so two things, Does anyone know a good shop either online or....
offline! that have a really good price for ski only? or should I wait till

get out skiing in jan and risk trying to get a better deal in resort? or,
any other good suggestions welcome.

Also if anybody is out and about in a resort at the moment and happens to
have passed a ski shop, how much were they going for?

Cheers
Paul

Tried to add what I found already but something went wrong.... here it is...

telemark-pyrenees.com 479euro = £335
summits.co.uk £339
edge2edge.co.uk £347
snowandrock.com £359
skiequipmentuk.co.uk £360
ellisBrigham.co.uk £360
europaskilodge.co.uk £399
missionadventure.co.uk £419
freetime1.co.uk £425 - (website says £340 reduced to £299 but that was last
year)
missionadventure.co.uk £419
filarinskis.co.uk £489
sailandski.co.uk £495

Old November 23rd 04, 04:50 PM
David Off

Paul wrote:
telemark-pyrenees.com 479euro = £335

telemark-pyrenees it is then
Old November 23rd 04, 05:52 PM
Iain Campbell

Paul wrote:
Hi all

I am going to be buying some Rossi Bandi B2's (Ski only) this year and have
been shopping around and searching for the best price. The cheapest price I
found was £195 but that was last year and the shop ran out of stock or went
out of business because I cannot find any nearly as cheap.

OK, so two things, Does anyone know a good shop either online or....
offline! that have a really good price for ski only? or should I wait till I
get out skiing in jan and risk trying to get a better deal in resort? or,
any other good suggestions welcome.

Also if anybody is out and about in a resort at the moment and happens to
have passed a ski shop, how much were they going for?

Cheers
Paul

Have you skied on them before? No? How do you know you'll like them?

You don't have to worry too much as they're a really good ski and very
easy to use... I've got a pair myself so I know. However, they may not
necessarily be the ski for you so...

My advice would be to do what I did... get a demo pair from a ski shop
in the resort you'll be skiing in and find out if you like them. If you
do, buy them. This way, you'll know whether or not they suit you or
whether you should try something else.

As for my pair, I got them for £420 including Rossi Power 120S T-plate
bindings from a ski shop in Val Cenis last january. Saved me £60 odd
quid on UK prices. France is usually cheaper than the UK (except in some
of the more pricey resorts) I don't know how other countries compare though.

Good luck with it, though and let us know what you get and what you
think of them.

Schneck

Old November 23rd 04, 09:48 PM
Iain Campbell

ash wrote:
I had some for last winter and they are the best skis I've ever had! Very
versatile.

A mate who is also a far better skier than me doesn't like them. He
reckons they're too good and are making him forget things a lesser ski
forces him to learn!!! How's that for a backhanded compliment???

From my experience as someone who is average on piste and crap off it,
these skis have allowed me to go down slopes I would have been petrified
to contemplate before now. One slope I've done on the B2's I'd also done
the year before on my previous skis, Head Cyber X40's. The Head's made
me vow I wouldn't try that slope again... the B2's had me back on the
lift to race someone down it!! LOL!!

Superb ski... and to think I was originally after the Salomon X-Scream
Series at £150 more!! LOL

But before buying, I still spent a couple of days on a demo pair to make
sure I liked them
Old November 24th 04, 11:19 AM
Roger Moss

Agreed - I tried the B2s when I couldn't get X-Scream Pilot 10s for hire and
skied like I was on a pair of bananas for about two minutes, after which I
adjusted and absolutely fell in love with 'em.

Used Bandits and Bandit XXs for years, but the B2s are even better,
requiring less effort, while remaining secure in a straight line, even on
slight ruts. A neat trick - what more could you ask?

Okay, affordability (please). But you get what you're paying for...

RM

"Iain Campbell" wrote in message
news
ash wrote:
I had some for last winter and they are the best skis I've ever had! Very
versatile.

A mate who is also a far better skier than me doesn't like them. He
reckons they're too good and are making him forget things a lesser ski
forces him to learn!!! How's that for a backhanded compliment???

From my experience as someone who is average on piste and crap off it,

Old November 24th 04, 01:38 PM
Paul

Will have to check out delivery costs and all that, will report back

Old November 24th 04, 01:42 PM
Paul

Paul wrote:
[...]

Yes, Skiied on them last year, fantastic..... I love em

You don't have to worry too much as they're a really good ski and very
easy to use... I've got a pair myself so I know. However, they may not
necessarily be the ski for you so...

I NEED this ski!!!!

My advice would be to do what I did... get a demo pair from a ski shop
in the resort you'll be skiing in and find out if you like them. If you
do, buy them. This way, you'll know whether or not they suit you or
whether you should try something else.

Did rent some last year, didn't like any others

As for my pair, I got them for £420 including Rossi Power 120S T-plate
bindings from a ski shop in Val Cenis last january. Saved me £60 odd
quid on UK prices. France is usually cheaper than the UK (except in some
of the more pricey resorts) I don't know how other countries compare

though.

Good luck with it, though and let us know what you get and what you
think of them.

The tricky thing is we are doing a self book holiday in jan and don't have a
destination yet (easyjet-geneva flights booked) but we could end up
anywhere, so I will probably get some before we go.