places to stay in switzerland... need help?

Old November 14th 03, 07:39 PM
Bill Butler

Default places to stay in switzerland... need help?

Hi everyone,
I am in a bind here. I am going to amsterdam for New Years and I
wanted to go snowboarding for the weekend(fri,sat,sun and leave
Monday) in Switzerland. There are definately 4 of us and possibly a
few girls coming to visit that work in Zurich. I have tried to book a
chalet but they only book by the week and many of them start on the
3rd which is too late. I am looking for some helpful suggestions and
here is the criteria that I need to satisfy:

Snowboarding:
only two of us are decent boarders so the other two will need bunny
slopes, possibly lessons and we all will need to rent boards and
boots.

Lodging:
Has to fit at least four, Ideally 6 and I was hoping to find something
for 3 nights for no more than $800 american.

Also I would like to find someplace that is close to the lift and the
nightlife. That way I can take a run down the mountain and come back
in and drink a few beers,( this is my ideal) I would also like
something that is stumbling distance from the bars.

Atmosphe
We are pretty heavy drinkers so I am hoping to find something that has
a vibrant nightlife and is less family oriented. I have heard that
Austria and France are more suited for this but I am not giving up on
switzerland just yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill Butler
Old November 15th 03, 12:04 AM
David Brown :o\)

If you decide against Swizerland, then consider Andorra.

Maybe not so suited to you and the other decent boarder, but it's very cheap
to stay and to live. Lessons are second to none for an English speaker and
also very cheap and as far as night life, it's the Ibiza of the skiing word.

--
David )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old November 15th 03, 02:49 PM
Johannes

On 14 Nov 2003 11:39:18 -0800, (Bill Butler)
wrote:

Hi everyone,
I am in a bind here. I am going to amsterdam for New Years and I
wanted to go snowboarding for the weekend(fri,sat,sun and leave
Monday) in Switzerland. There are definately 4 of us and possibly a
few girls coming to visit that work in Zurich. I have tried to book a
chalet but they only book by the week and many of them start on the
3rd which is too late. I am looking for some helpful suggestions and
here is the criteria that I need to satisfy:

Snowboarding:
only two of us are decent boarders so the other two will need bunny
slopes, possibly lessons and we all will need to rent boards and
boots.

That should not be a problem even the smalest resort got a Shop.

Lodging:
Has to fit at least four, Ideally 6 and I was hoping to find something
for 3 nights for no more than $800 american.

Best you ask the Tourist office.

Also I would like to find someplace that is close to the lift and the
nightlife. That way I can take a run down the mountain and come back
in and drink a few beers,( this is my ideal) I would also like
something that is stumbling distance from the bars.

Saas Fee got this. But a couple other Villages also

Atmosphe
We are pretty heavy drinkers so I am hoping to find something that has
a vibrant nightlife and is less family oriented. I have heard that
Austria and France are more suited for this but I am not giving up on
switzerland just yet.

Laax is THE in spot vor snowboarders at Switzerland
www.laax.ch
Arosa is known for apre ski
www.arosa.ch
At Saas Fee meet the boardes at Popcorn and Living Room(Same building)
www.saasfee.ch
Verbier has also a good night life(what i hear)
www.verbier.ch

Johannes
Old November 15th 03, 07:38 PM
Scott

Laax is THE in spot vor snowboarders at Switzerland
www.laax.ch

I can echo that sentiment...I had a wicked time there a coupla seasons
back...went in Dec so the snow wasnt at it's best...but had an absolute
blast !

Check this place out...top notch

http://www.riderspalace.ch
Luck

--
"A man walks into a cake shop and says 'Is that a macaroon or a meringue?'
The assistant replies 'No, you're right. It's a macaroon.'"