Tignes

Old October 12th 03, 07:49 AM
Me

Default Tignes

Looks a bit better than when we were there in August...

Steve.

"PG" wrote in message
Tignes this morning...

http://grass-ski.alpesprovence.net/NON/images/tignes/index.htm

Pete

Old October 12th 03, 08:01 AM
BrritSki

Steve wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:46:58 +0100, "MoonMan"
wrote:

Surely there's a dry slope somewhere near you, I know I was winging, but it
is better than nothing.

I'd challenge that, I'd much rather sit on my arse and do nothing ...

Oh, you're a boarder then ?
Old October 13th 03, 07:49 AM
Ace

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:59:38 +0200, Ian Spare
wrote:

Nice one, that does it I'm definitely going to get off my arse and go
out tomorrow to Titlis.

And did you? Details please. We decided to make the most of a nice day
and stayed at home.

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old October 13th 03, 09:50 AM
Ian Spare

wrote:

Nice one, that does it I'm definitely going to get off my arse and go
out tomorrow to Titlis.

And did you? Details please. We decided to make the most of a nice day
and stayed at home.

Turns out it's the best skiing in Switzerland and since Switzerland is
the best country in the world it must be the best skiing in the world,
or so a local guy was telling me at lunch :-)

It was fine, the usual multiple lift ride up to the glacier for only
two real runs which were fine, good snow etc. 49Chf for a pass which I
think is a typically Swiss. Pretty typical glacier in October stuff
really.

The rotating lift is a novelty I've not come across before though.

Judging by the traffic you were one of the few people who didn't
decide to go drive somewhere on Sunday, heavy traffic round Lucerne
and then I made the mistake of taking the Interlaken road back along
with the entire population of Bern.

Ian
Old October 13th 03, 10:19 AM
Ace

wrote:

Nice one, that does it I'm definitely going to get off my arse and go
out tomorrow to Titlis.

And did you? Details please. We decided to make the most of a nice day
and stayed at home.

Turns out it's the best skiing in Switzerland and since Switzerland is
the best country in the world it must be the best skiing in the world,
or so a local guy was telling me at lunch :-)

It was fine, the usual multiple lift ride up to the glacier for only
two real runs

So the rotegg drag wasn't running then? How busy was it at the top?

which were fine, good snow etc. 49Chf for a pass which I
think is a typically Swiss. Pretty typical glacier in October stuff
really.

As expected.

The rotating lift is a novelty I've not come across before though.

I didn't realise you'd not skiied there before. I've been early season
(well, late November) before, which is why I was humming and hahhing
depending on how much was open.

Judging by the traffic you were one of the few people who didn't
decide to go drive somewhere on Sunday, heavy traffic round Lucerne
and then I made the mistake of taking the Interlaken road back along
with the entire population of Bern.

Ahh, not good, I imagine :-}

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old October 13th 03, 10:36 PM
Richard Crapp

really.

The rotating lift is a novelty I've not come across before though.

And what IS a rotating lift?
--
Richard Crapp
Old October 14th 03, 06:57 AM
Ace

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:36:12 +0100, Richard Crapp
wrote:

really.

The rotating lift is a novelty I've not come across before though.

And what IS a rotating lift?

Err, it's a lift[1]. And it rotates[2].

[1] Of the cable-car variety. Circular, it is.
[2] The floor moves, leaving the centre hub and (IIRC) the walls in
place[3]. One revolution per trip.
[3] Which provides great entertainment when folk ignore the "Do not
lean skis on here" signs :-)
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old October 17th 03, 08:45 AM
Ian Spare

On 10/10/2003 12:50, in article ,
"PG" wrote:

Although the early snow hasn't hung around on the lower slopes, I hear
conditions are great on the Tignes glacier. Lifts didn't open until 11
this morning - too much snow. Off there tomorrow morning, first trip
this season, will report back.

Pete
www.grasski.org

Pete, how's it looking for the weekend in Tignes ?

Ian