boots - problem with decision

Old January 10th 04, 06:15 PM
Łukasz Załuga

Default boots - problem with decision

Hello!
I have a question concerning these boots:
1) Nordica Smartech 8 (flex 70)
2) Salomon Performa 6.0 (flex 80)
3) Salomon Evolution2 7.0 (flex 70)
I have to choose one of them and I can't make up my minds. My feelings
about comfort are similar and prices are the same.
What would you choose if you were me?

Greetings.
Lukas

Old January 10th 04, 07:28 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Łukasz Załuga wrote:
I have a question concerning these boots:
1) Nordica Smartech 8 (flex 70)

{deleted items}
I have to choose one of them and I can't make up my minds. My feelings
about comfort are similar and prices are the same.
What would you choose if you were me?

These, given that they have Outlast liners. That's the reason I bought
Nordica last time, and they are thermoregulatory. I don't sweat so much
and they release heat stored from skiing when I have to stand around for
a while.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 10th 04, 10:34 PM
leo

"Łukasz Załuga" wrote in message
Hello!
I have a question concerning these boots:
1) Nordica Smartech 8 (flex 70)
2) Salomon Performa 6.0 (flex 80)
3) Salomon Evolution2 7.0 (flex 70)
I have to choose one of them and I can't make up my minds. My feelings
about comfort are similar and prices are the same.
What would you choose if you were me?

Greetings.
Lukas

The ones that fit the best! All good..

leo

Old January 11th 04, 02:14 PM
houseslave

Look at foward lean. I like a boot with little forward lean. Boots with
extreme forward lean (Tecnicas) will make your calves burn and are
uncomfortable because you are always in a crouched position. Meaning that
you can't stand up in your boots when on flats or on lift lines. Does the
boot have a ski/walk feature? Look at the quality of the buckles for each
boot. Are any of the boots easy on - easy off? After all that is said the
three most important factors when buying a boot are.

1. Comfort: Make sure the boot is a little tight in the store.

2. Forward lean:

3. Ease of getting in and out of the boot.

Good luck

Old January 11th 04, 03:56 PM
InMyTree

The salomons at least have the walk feature, however, as far as I can see it
does absolutely nothing. I've looked at the mechanism, and honestly, I
cannot see that it attempts to do anything in the boot.. so I wouldn't let
that sway your decision..

.net...

Old January 11th 04, 06:33 PM
FHemmer209

"houseslave" wrote:

Boots with
extreme forward lean (Tecnicas) will make your calves burn and are
uncomfortable because you are always in a crouched position.

My last two pair have been Tecnica and I haven't experienced the discomfort you
describe. I like them snug and still walk with them fully buckled. Maybe my
legs are crooked?

Fred

Old January 11th 04, 09:10 PM
The Real Bev

FHemmer209 wrote:

"houseslave" wrote:

Boots with
extreme forward lean (Tecnicas) will make your calves burn and are
uncomfortable because you are always in a crouched position.

My last two pair have been Tecnica and I haven't experienced the discomfort you
describe. I like them snug and still walk with them fully buckled. Maybe my
legs are crooked?

Huh? I've got Tecnica TNTs (orange, black buckles with green stripes)
with nowhere near enough forward lean.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 11th 04, 10:34 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
InMyTree wrote:
The salomons at least have the walk feature, however, as far as I can see it
does absolutely nothing. I've looked at the mechanism, and honestly, I
cannot see that it attempts to do anything in the boot.. so I wouldn't let
that sway your decision..

The Nordicas do that as well. I notice I have more control when I remember
to lock them back down after walking, so I quit unlocking them to walk.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 12th 04, 12:14 AM
pigo

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
"InMyTree" wrote in
:

The salomons at least have the walk feature, however, as far as
I can see it does absolutely nothing. I've looked at the
mechanism, and honestly, I cannot see that it attempts to do
anything in the boot.. so I wouldn't let that sway your
decision..

The "walk" feature on most boots is usually added to higher end
intermediate models. They usually work by allowing the cuff to move
freely at the side hinges when in walk mode and then locking the cuff
in place in ski mode. If you press forward in walk mode, you can
usually see a small bar in the gap at the back between the cuff and
lower shell "shelf". The feature works but as Jeff Davis notes, if
you forget to return it ski mode, you'll lose some control.

My Nordica Grand Prix, forward lean, double riveted cuff, fit by
professionals, had nothing more than a can't adjustment and 4 buckles. Once
I had them fit right I would forget to unbuckle them when I stopped. You
learn how to stand in them in line and on the flats that they aren't
uncomfortable. Just keep them flexed. Don't try to straighten your ankles
and let the boot hold you up. I don't know but the short skis these days
might make that a little more difficult but it worked for me.

pigo