NNN3 and NNN2 compatible?

Old February 4th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default NNN3 and NNN2 compatible?

I see that Fischer dumped Salomon/SNS/Profil and is now NNN.

NNN3, that is.

Are all the NNN's compatible?

NNN...NNN2...NNN3...

Anyone notice any performance differences in the various models in
terms of compatability?

I have a couple sets of NNN auto bindings and they have twice as much
play as my sets of NNN racing manual bindings---rather too much play---
no matter what age of boot I try in them. I don't know the model
numbers, but I'm not impressed. I've noticed it a couple times now
while out skiing and I think my binding is broken or something. Rats,
I hate slop in a binding.

--JP
Old February 5th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Mitch

On Feb 4, 2:19 pm, jeff potter wrote:
I see that Fischer dumped Salomon/SNS/Profil and is now NNN.

NNN3, that is.

Are all the NNN's compatible?

NNN...NNN2...NNN3...

Hi Jeff,

All are compatabile with each other, EXCEPT for the original NNN,
sometimes
now referred to as NNN-1. Also NNN-BC is incompatible with the rest.
They
may not be available any longer but with NNN2 came out there were
adapter
flexers available to allow an NNN2 boot to fit into an NNN1 binding.
I still have
these on some of my rollerskis, and so does another local friend.

Anyone notice any performance differences in the various models in
terms of compatability?

I don't think I follow this question.

I have a couple sets of NNN auto bindings and they have twice as much
play as my sets of NNN racing manual bindings---rather too much play---
no matter what age of boot I try in them. I don't know the model
numbers, but I'm not impressed. I've noticed it a couple times now
while out skiing and I think my binding is broken or something. Rats,
I hate slop in a binding.

As a gross generalization, the auto bindings are not for performance
skiers.
They're for folks who go for a hike on skis. I actually have a pair
on some
heavy no-wax skis I bought when my kids were born and I was dragging
them
around in a pulk. I still use them now for kicking around the
backyard with
them on their own skis. Or for dragging the chainsaw out on the trail
in the
pulk, to do trail cleanup. I don't (yet) need fast skis to keep up
with the kids.
Someday I will be thrilled to no longer be able to say that! They
turn 7 in a
couple weeks, and a few weeks ago they started begging me for skating
skis! Anyway yes, I do feel that sloppy fit you're describing
occasionally.
Since I never put these bindings on skis I care about skiing well on,
I don't
let it bother me. It's still worlds better than the old Solomon SNS
that itself
seemed worlds better then the 3-pin bindings it replaced!

-Mitch
Old February 5th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

jeff potter wrote:
I see that Fischer dumped Salomon/SNS/Profil and is now NNN.

NNN3, that is.

Are all the NNN's compatible?

NNN...NNN2...NNN3...

Anyone notice any performance differences in the various models in
terms of compatability?

No, not relaly.

I have a couple sets of NNN auto bindings and they have twice as much
play as my sets of NNN racing manual bindings---rather too much play---

I've never owned a pair of the "auto" xc bindings, and I don't think I
will. :-)

no matter what age of boot I try in them. I don't know the model
numbers, but I'm not impressed. I've noticed it a couple times now
while out skiing and I think my binding is broken or something. Rats,
I hate slop in a binding.

I agree.

Terje
--