Marwe 610 Binding Installation

Old June 3rd 05, 04:15 PM
Jim Howe Jim Howe is offline
Junior Member

Default Marwe 610 Binding Installation

I purchased the Marwe 610s from Finn Sisu. I ordered them predrilled for Salomon Profil bindings. I noticed when I mounted the bindings that the holes had been drilled further forward of the location the Marwe instructions specified.

Has anyone else had this done to their rollerskis? My boot size is 46 2/3. The Marwe instructions specify that the heal should be a distance of 1.5 cm from the rear edge of the ski. My skis are mounted at 3.5cm - the distance specified for size 40 and under.

I have not skied on them yet. I'm concrerned a mistake was made.

Jim
Old June 3rd 05, 08:55 PM
Jim Howe Jim Howe is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Howe
I purchased the Marwe 610s from Finn Sisu. I ordered them predrilled for Salomon Profil bindings. I noticed when I mounted the bindings that the holes had been drilled further forward of the location the Marwe instructions specified.

Has anyone else had this done to their rollerskis? My boot size is 46 2/3. The Marwe instructions specify that the heal should be a distance of 1.5 cm from the rear edge of the ski. My skis are mounted at 3.5cm - the distance specified for size 40 and under.

I have not skied on them yet. I'm concrerned a mistake was made.

Jim
I called Finn Sisu and was told my skis were drilled correctly. The longest extension of the heel should form a 90 degree angle with the front edge of the mud flap when looking straight down at the ski - Mine seem to do this.

Anyway, I skied them for about 20km this morning and I must say they felt outstanding. They had much more of a snow-like feel than the aluminum boards I was using before. The Marwes are also lighter. One thing though -
They make a little creaking noise when full weight is placed on them.

Jim
Old June 3rd 05, 10:59 PM
FITZGERALD

You can trust Finn Sisu absolutely to get it right. They predrilled my 610s
also and it wasn't what Marwe instructions said but they were and still are
great.AFA creaking,how much do you weigh?
Fitzgerald

--
Jim Howe

Old June 4th 05, 05:01 AM
Jim Howe Jim Howe is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITZGERALD
AFA creaking,how much do you weigh?
Fitzgerald
I weigh 190lbs. Finn Sisu said my weight would not be an issue with the 610s.

Jim

Old June 4th 05, 04:03 PM
FITZGERALD

I occasionally squirt a bunch of White Lightning bike lubricant on my
bindings and other potential squeaky places. Works well.
Fitzgerald

Old June 4th 05, 09:10 PM
Marsh Jones

FITZGERALD wrote:
Marsh??

Not sure. At one point I'd heard 180lb, but I won't swear to it. I
think that the number came to light in a thread discussing the failings
of the Aero 125s, which after they'd been out for 3 or so wheel
iterations got capped at around 150lb IIRC. I got the Marwe 100s
instead of the 610s since at the time I weighed about 200 and didn't
want to take the chance. BTW, the 100s are a bit lighter, I think.

Marsh
Fitzgerald