Skis grip Ice TOOOO much??

Old February 20th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Skis grip Ice TOOOO much??

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

And always order your steak very rare.

"Knock the horns off, wipe the ass, bring it out."

*That's* the way to order a steak.

//Walt
Old February 20th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Walt wrote:
JQ wrote:

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering your steak "well done".

Hey, hey I order my steak "well done", that's how I like it.

You've never worked in a restaurant, have you? You should know that
when the chef gets an order for "ruined" steak, he is deeply insulted.
So, first he goes to the fridge and pulls out one of the "save for
well-done" cuts - that's one of the inferior cuts, perhaps one that's
started to mold. Since there's no point in wasting a good cut of beef
on ruined steak, you'll get the worst cut in the house.

This sounds like the same cut you get
when you order "chicken fried steak".

I used to work with a grill man where if someone sent back a steak
because it was underdone, he'd throw it on the floor, stomp on it, spit
on it, then throw it on the grill and burn it.

Don't **** with the people who prepare your food. A lesson I learned
early in life.

//Walt

Old February 20th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Walt" wrote in message
JQ wrote:

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering your steak "well done".

Hey, hey I order my steak "well done", that's how I like it.

You've never worked in a restaurant, have you? You should know that when
the chef gets an order for "ruined" steak, he is deeply insulted. So,
first he goes to the fridge and pulls out one of the "save for well-done"
cuts - that's one of the inferior cuts, perhaps one that's started to
mold. Since there's no point in wasting a good cut of beef on ruined
steak, you'll get the worst cut in the house.

I used to work with a grill man where if someone sent back a steak because
it was underdone, he'd throw it on the floor, stomp on it, spit on it,
then throw it on the grill and burn it.

Don't **** with the people who prepare your food. A lesson I learned
early in life.

//Walt

One of my friends is a chef in a gourmet restaurant called "Palmer House" he
get's upset when I say I want my steak well done. I'm not really a steak
eater anyways prefer seafood & chicken.
I've heard of horror stories from some other friends that used to work in
diners & hole in the wall restaurants.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 20th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Walt" wrote in message
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
Trekman wrote this crap:

The above is called 'detuning'.
detuning is essential no matter your technique.

You don't know much about swords.

Dull swords have their purpose.

For one thing, it's much more painful when you stab somebody with a dull
sword because it rips instead of slices.

//Walt

Walt not to correct you but a stab and a slice are two different types of
cuts.
A stab is when you push the point into the object. When in battle to move
quickly from one opponent to the next you would stab the sword in and pull
out the same way it went in.
When only fighting one person to inflict maximum damage you would twist the
sword on the way out.
A slice is when you use the blade to cut the object. The proper way to
slice is to cut with the sword moving in an arc so that the blade is moving
through the opponent and at the same time is being removed all in one
continuous smooth motion. If you notice that the samurai sword is made in a
curved shape to help perfect the slice. The katana daito(sword) should not
be used as a hacking weapon as with most of the swords that European
warriors used. A dull katana will not cut smoothly and can get stuck in the
body. If you take a close look at katana you will also notice a groove or
channels on each side of the sword, this channel is so the blood can be
removed from the sword to reduce friction for the next cut.

Well this has nothing to do with skiing and more information than one really
needs to know about swordsmanship and battle.

Back to how one should have their steak prepared...

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 20th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:32:09 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

Dull swords have their purpose.

For one thing, it's much more painful when you stab somebody with a dull
sword because it rips instead of slices.

Am I supposed to be impressed? The triangular pike is the bloodiest
weapon you can imagine. Swords are used for cutting besides stabbing.
I know a lot about all kinds of weapons.

The mightiest weapon I ever fired was a 20mm gatling gun, it's called
the, "Vulcan," and it's put on fighter jets.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old February 20th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:39:36 -0500, "JQ" wrote
this crap:

Back to how one should have their steak prepared...

JQ

very rare.

Old February 20th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:18:54 -0500, "JQ" wrote
this crap:

One of my friends is a chef in a gourmet restaurant called "Palmer House" he
get's upset when I say I want my steak well done. I'm not really a steak
eater anyways prefer seafood & chicken.
I've heard of horror stories from some other friends that used to work in
diners & hole in the wall restaurants.

My brother and I went into a restaurant and we both ordered steaks.
He wanted his medium-well. I ordered mine very-rare. He asked me how
I could eat that. I said that we should wait, and the steaks would be
the same. I was right. They were both medium-rare.

Old February 20th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Walt wrote:

JQ wrote:

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering your steak "well done".

Hey, hey I order my steak "well done", that's how I like it.

Me too. I don't like the idea of blutwurst either. If you have to eat it raw,
I suspect you're just a bit too worried about your manhood.

You've never worked in a restaurant, have you? You should know that
when the chef gets an order for "ruined" steak, he is deeply insulted.
So, first he goes to the fridge and pulls out one of the "save for
well-done" cuts - that's one of the inferior cuts, perhaps one that's
started to mold. Since there's no point in wasting a good cut of beef
on ruined steak, you'll get the worst cut in the house.

Obviously overly concerned. See above.

I used to work with a grill man where if someone sent back a steak
because it was underdone, he'd throw it on the floor, stomp on it, spit
on it, then throw it on the grill and burn it.

A waiter once accidentally dropped my dad's well-done steak on the floor. It
took only 5 minutes to bring him a new one. We always suspected the worst.

Don't **** with the people who prepare your food. A lesson I learned
early in life.

That, of course, makes sense. Kitchens contain much that is inedible.

--
Cheers, Bev
"When I was in college, the only job I could get was
Old February 21st 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Trekman wrote this crap:

[...]

Ummmm...

That feature was *far* from universal. In fact, more katanas were
probably made without it than with it.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old February 21st 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Alan Baker" wrote in message

Trekman wrote this crap:

[...]

I stand corrected many swords that were made not for combat and not made by
highly skilled sword smiths did not have the grooves. If the grooves were
not made properly it would weaken the sword so sword smiths that were not
highly skilled would not groove their katanas. Anatomy of a katana
http://www.swordsoftheeast.com/index...n=CUSTOM&ID=10

JQ
Dancing on the edge