hmm, a real brain twister for you.

Old May 9th 04, 10:50 PM
Micheal Artindale

Default hmm, a real brain twister for you.

I was wondering, where would i have to go to ski if i wanted to. Where is it
going into winter?

Micheal

Old May 10th 04, 12:41 AM
George Cleveland

On Sun, 9 May 2004 18:50:06 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:

I was wondering, where would i have to go to ski if i wanted to. Where is it
going into winter?

Micheal

Is this a trick question?

g.c.

Old May 10th 04, 01:33 AM
Hank Garretson

At 16:39 9 05 04 Sunday, Micheal wrote:

I was wondering, where would i have to go to ski if i wanted to. Where is
it going into winter?

You could come to California. Skied yesterday at Dana Meadows just inside
the east entrance at Yosemite. Delightful go-anywhere just right
crust-corn skiing on wide-open rolling meadows.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank

Mammoth Lakes, Calif.

Old May 10th 04, 02:48 AM
J999w

I think it's a little early yet. Even Chile:

Open Ski Lifts and Resorts
Ski Area New Snow Surface Conditions Trails Acres Percent Lifts
El Colorado-Farellones 0 Plan to Open 06/06 - of 25 - of - -% - of 19
La Parva 0 Plan to Open early Jun - of 21 - of - -% - of 14
Portillo 0 Plan to Open 06/12 - of 30 - of 1300 -% - of 12
Termas de Chillan 0 Plan to Open 06/12 - of 28 - of - -% - of 9
Valle Nevado 0 Plan to Open 06/11 - of 41 - of - -% - of 11
Villarrica-Pucon 0 Plan to Open 06/29 - of 22 - of - -% - of

jw
Milwaukee
Old May 10th 04, 07:17 PM
revyakin

Do a search in this group for "New Zealand". I posted a similar
question ~2 years ago (I think, in May, too - got depressed b/c of
seeing dandelions in my backyard).
Old May 11th 04, 07:02 PM
taywood

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
.. .
I was wondering, where would i have to go to ski if i wanted to. Where is

it
going into winter?

Lots of places have XC skiing tracks on glaciers where one can train
in our summer. The Dachstein Glacier at Ramsau in Austria is the
closest to me and is my favorite.

We've had posts in the past about the endless skiing year, where
people dream about skiing each month in a different location,
different continent or different hemisphere.
Search in Google Groups for their suggestions.

Old May 11th 04, 10:46 PM
J999w

Plenty of snow in the Italian Alps by the looks of todays Giro stage finish.

jw
milwaukee

Old May 12th 04, 12:57 PM
David Dermott

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Micheal Artindale wrote:

I was wondering, where would i have to go to ski if i wanted to. Where is it
going into winter?

My mother, in central Alberta, says they've been getting a bit of
snow every day for the last week- it melts during the day. But
I read that the Elk Pass area of K-country got 30 cm of snow May 4-5!

"http://www.cd.gov.ab.ca/enjoying_alberta/parks/featured/kananaskis/trailreport.asp"

I suppose May and June would be the best time of year for skiing across
Greenland!

Apparently in Norway it is a tradition on 17-May (Norway's National
Day) to ski from Finse railway station (elev. 1222 m ) to the top of the
Hardanger glacier (about 1700 m). Finse is easily accessable - several
trains per day from Oslo.

Here is an article and photos from a Swede who
infiltrated the Norwegian festivities last 17-May:

"http://www.utsidan.se/ddb/skidsport/artiklaralla/596.htm"

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email: