Riding in May

Old March 24th 04, 08:06 AM
Magnum626

Default Riding in May

Any recommendations on where to ride in May?

thanks

mag
Old March 24th 04, 01:25 PM
og

Mammoth

. 165.239...

Old March 29th 04, 04:26 PM
Mike T

Any recommendations on where to ride in May?

Places in the US that are typically open in May:

Timberline (Mt Hood)
Mt Bachelor
Mammoth
Squaw Valley
Alpine Meadows
Crystal Mountain
A-Basin
Snowbird
Killington

Canada:

Whistler/Blackcomb

Some years I get more riding days in May than any other month, all at
Timberline. The terrain is nothing spectacular but it's just open,
above-treeline riding. A typical May day is firm groomers in the early
morning (opening at 8:00), softening through the late morning, and "velvet"
snow off the groomed from about 11:30 till 2:30 which is closing time. I'll
ride an alpine board in the morning and then switch to a freeride or
all-mountain alpine board when the groomers get trashed.

Of course we do get the occasional May snowstorm, just a few years ago we
had the better part of a foot of snow for Memorial Day.

-Mike T

Mt Hood Carve Fest, May 13-16 @ Timberline:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti... threadid=1498

Old March 29th 04, 06:54 PM
Dean

Mike T wrote:

Places in the US that are typically open in May:
A-Basin

Thank you for letting me know about Arapahoe Basin. There are many resorts outside of my local area that
I do not know about yet.

I am planning a trip to Arapahoe Basin. The lodging is about 12 miles away and I plan to use the shuttle
bus rather than rent a car. My prior experience is only with local hills that I drive to and park in the
resort's lot. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

I assume that equipment is carried in a bag on the shuttle. Is that correct? If yes, will a non-padded
bag be sufficient or should I use a padded bag?

Are there lockers at the resort for storing the bag and shoes and other supplies that I don't want to
carry with me all day?

Dean

Does 3cm In Board Length Affect Riding? John Smith Snowboarding 7 March 31st 04 09:20 PM
April Riding Magnum626 Snowboarding 10 March 16th 04 04:27 PM
Northwave Kevin Jone 02/03 model - anyone riding them? copek Snowboarding 4 February 19th 04 12:22 AM
Riding gear prices Steve_r34 Snowboarding 2 December 22nd 03 02:43 AM
Stance settings? type of riding jaycb74 Snowboarding 20 November 14th 03 02:58 PM