It's snowing in Vancouver!

Old November 26th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default It's snowing in Vancouver!

And the local mountains are getting inundated!

Cypress Mountain, where I teach, is reporting 45cm in the last 24 hours.
That's a foot and a half for those of you who don't grok the metric
system.

And I've got a free day tomorrow...

:-D

--
'It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix.'
"It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'
Old November 26th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Alan Baker wrote:
And the local mountains are getting inundated!

Cypress Mountain, where I teach, is reporting 45cm in the last 24 hours.
That's a foot and a half for those of you who don't grok the metric
system.

It's also a foor and a half to those who do grok the metric system.

Old November 27th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
eric h

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:

It's also a foor and a half to those who do grok the metric system.

A "foor"? Is that olde Englishe?

Foor and a half feets o' snow? Mygawrsh, everything really is bigger in
Canaja....

--
---
"Wake up, everybody."--McFadden/Whitehead/Carstarphen
Old November 29th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

great news... i'll be there ~10th - hopefuly thre'll be enough snow for
a nice vacation.

cheers,

ira

-------------------------------
Random Ski Link:
http://www.winterskideals.com/resorts.aspx?id=592
-------------------------------

Old November 29th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article . com,
wrote:

great news... i'll be there ~10th - hopefuly thre'll be enough snow for
a nice vacation.

cheers,

ira

Random Ski Link:
http://www.winterskideals.com/resorts.aspx?id=592

Given that the current temp in the city is decidedly *negative*
(Celcius, folks) I wouldn't worry about there being enough snow.

But then again, this *is* Vancouver. g