graphics on board

Old December 6th 04, 03:55 PM
No Spam

Default graphics on board

http://www.donek.com/graphics.htm

Info42 wrote:
Howdy 'all,

Right, since my last post I've decided what board I'll be looking out for,
and where to look for it -thanks to all, btw- now I've got another question
for you.

Is there a way I can put any design I come up with on any board I end up
with, or can I only buy, say, a Revolution board and insert the design of my
choice with my order?

Stupid question, probably, couldn't find an answer in the FAQ...

Thanks in advance
Info42

Old December 7th 04, 12:02 AM
todd

If you have an extra $200 to throw away (above the board price) you can
customize one of the Series 13 boards on the Burton site. I'm pretty
sure you can't put up any design you want, but you can get some pretty
cool designs from the options offered.

-todd

Old December 7th 04, 07:15 AM
lonerider

Info42 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, looks good, I'll contact them to get my hands on a vector

outline.
Are these any good, comparable to a e.g. Burton Custom or at least in

the
same neighbourhood?

Todd thnkx also, but 200 is a bit hefty.

greetz
Info42

Depends on who you ask - but my opinion is that they are easily better
in terms of carving performance. The Phoenix is the closest model in
terms of sidecut and flex to the Burtom Custom and based on my
experiences from the Incline, I am pretty sure most people would prefer
it - crisper and better edge hold. You do realize that it costs a bit
extra to add a custom graphic, right... I don't remember, but I think
it is in the $125 range.

Old December 7th 04, 01:35 PM
David Brown

"Info42" wrote in message
Are these any good, comparable to a e.g. Burton Custom or at least in the
same neighbourhood?

I've never seen one second hand...... says it all really.

--
kitemap
http://ugcc.co.uk

Old December 7th 04, 02:47 PM
Mike T

Are these any good, comparable to a e.g. Burton Custom or at least in the
same neighbourhood?

I've never seen one second hand...... says it all really.

Never seen a Donek or a Custom second hand??

I've seen both on eBay. More Customs, but that's only because there are a
lot more Customs out there in total...

Old December 7th 04, 02:55 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Info42 wrote:
I was actually hoping for some kind of diy-kit kind of thing. Ah, well..

http://www.sikkosports.com/skinsoverview.asp

Neil

Old December 7th 04, 04:45 PM
lonerider

Mike T wrote:
Are these any good, comparable to a e.g. Burton Custom or at least

in the
same neighbourhood?

I've never seen one second hand...... says it all really.

Never seen a Donek or a Custom second hand??

I've seen both on eBay. More Customs, but that's only because there

are a
lot more Customs out there in total...

Same here, I've seen a few Doneks on sale (not on Ebay though) and a
LOT of Customs on sale, but I think that's because there are a lot more
Burton Customs in the world. So I'm not sure if that's a good indicator
of which is a better board.

The easiest way to tell if you will like a Donek (which I keep telling
everyone) is to call up Sean Martin at Donek Snowboards and talk to
him. He usually can arrange to send you a demo model of the board you
are looking at so you can try it on the slopes for a few days. All you
pay is to have the board waxed and shipped back. There's nothing like a
mostly free test drive to make your opinion.

Old December 8th 04, 11:35 AM
Playdreamer

Info42 wrote:

Is there a way I can put any design I come up with on any board I end up
with, or can I only buy, say, a Revolution board and insert the design of my
choice with my order?

http://www.originalsnowboardart.com is a new site that has just started
selling stick on top sheets for $70. If you can knock up your own design
in Illustrator they'll give you a 10% royalty for each copy sold
including, presumably, one for you.

--
http://www.snowgo.com - Reading, writing and riding. A snowboarding blog.