Powder Skiing Lesson 4U

Old January 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
AstroPax

Default Powder Skiing Lesson 4U

On 22 Jan 2004 03:45:03 GMT, (Jeff Davis)
wrote:

Sell your art?

I don't create art. I produce "digital documentation".

-Astro

Old January 22nd 04, 11:07 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:33:40 -0800, scottabe
wrote this crap:

a 600mm should do the trick, hey?

Oh, wait a minute. I take that back.

Maybe a 1mm super-duper-wide-angle would be more appropriate.

For you guys, any lens will do: any pic you take will be of an asshole

What do you use when you're at the Neverland Ranch?

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Old January 22nd 04, 01:05 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

AstroPax wrote:
a 600mm should do the trick, hey?

Oh, wait a minute. I take that back.

Maybe a 1mm super-duper-wide-angle would be more appropriate. ;)

Yah. And to protect the camera, I would leave the lens cap on.

Mike... 8J

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old January 22nd 04, 03:26 PM
klaus

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

**** this ****. I'm calling the powderbird-helo-guides, next dump.

Yahmon! We need to figure out how to turn our pixels into heli time!

Why? Helis are noisey, stink, and the patrons and guides are
rude. They put up an orange tape above my house for a landing
zone. Heh. Like that'll last. I'd imagine it'll blow away with the
first wind. Maybe sooner. Skiing with a heli means you're spending too
much time workinhg and not enough skiing.

-klaus

Old January 22nd 04, 03:29 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 02:48:43 +0000 (UTC), Kurt
wrote:

Look for the crack of my butt when you're in the PowderTurds chopper.

Got it!

I'll make it a point to snap a close-up of Kurt's "personal crevasse",
and then post it right here.

What do you think Mikey, a 600mm should do the trick, hey?

Don't get too close. Could be dangerous.

It's pretty funny. We go up and make a point of tracking their
favorite line above the house before they get off the ground. Then
they get our leftovers and pay much, much more. And we mark the
landing zones with recycled beer so they know where to eat lunch.

-klaus

..
Old January 22nd 04, 07:44 PM
klaus

Kurt Knisely wrote:
Yea, those Green Chilies are something else!

Damn that Redhorse guy. I'm addicted. I'm going through two baggies a
day. ObTMI. My outhouse will never be the same. Did you know that a
green chili in G&T is great? Better than lime. Maybe I'll try it in a
Martini.

I still think one of the funniest lines they ski is Patsy Marley. Heck, the
Xxxx snowcat already tracks up most of that terrain, let alone the tourers.

I think the funniest is that they ski the Wasatch. WTF. How silly is that.

Do the 'Turds ski "Face Shot Bowl" (Figure 8 Hill)?

Never seen 'em on Figure Eight. The customers probably revolt when
they get dropped off right by a lift. Can't say the same for the Alta
cat skiers. chuckle. But then you know the saying A***** and I came
up with. "Alta makes you stupid" Rumor has it that the cat is avoiding
backcountry skiers up there, dropping off clients out of earshot. I
wonder why??? Heh. I guess they don't take kindly to verbal
abuse. "You paid *what* for a cat ride up here? Idiots! There'a a lift
right there! And now you have to ski that crusted southern exposure
instsad of that creamy pow on the north!" Alta makes you
stupid. Indeed.

I guess the cam-pain is working.

Pretty soon, they'll be skiing in the Powder Parks or dropping off
Turds on The Canyons ridgeline. Just think Astro, you can ski The
Canyons via a helicopter...won't that be exciting!

Maybe it would work if they started at Alta? Then they'd think it was
great. Everything is great if you start at Alta. Even Big
Cottonwood. Just look at the promo photos.

Gotta go... 30 minutes to QDT. And I need to run to the village for
essentials (gin). After 11 days of inversion (read crystal clear sunny
days not foggy days for the valley dwellers), the neighbors are
getting pretty used to the echos of the horn at 3:27. And the gong at
3:32.

Ahhhhh. the simple life. Green chilis, gin, horns, gongs, bright sun,
and face shots. You can have the helicopter.

-klaus

Old January 22nd 04, 08:28 PM
Dave Stallard

scottabe wrote:

Clue time, Biggers. Real spirituality is founded on moral and ethical
values. You have none.

Rheumy and Rummy quoting Rumi.