Ski Vehicles - Aerodynamics?

Old July 29th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

Default Ski Vehicles - Aerodynamics?

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...

Two Buddha wrote:

1. Suby's a fad? I somehow missed that. Of course, I'm on my third
Sooooooob.

Obviously you're loyal to the Soobs, but you have to admit, the Outback
is a total fad.

A practical, usable, dependable, simple fad.

2. Trucks are more practical? Tell me that after you fill up: I get
twice
the mileage.

There's more to practicality then mileage. Much more.

Not nowadays. Mileage is wonderful. Reliability is wonderful.

3. Go price a Toyota truck. Then price a Soooob. Which one is
overpriced?

Both are. Tacomas are insane. Soobs aren't much better. Considering
both are over priced, I'd feel better in a Tacoma (or any 4x4 p/u) a
couple miles off of Rt 150 in the Uintas...Say Whitney Reservoir. But
apprently that's just me...

The other 99.9% of the time, I feel better in a Soob and pay a lot less.
Especially in rollover situations.

4. Real men are secure enough in their masculinity that they can choose
the
practical option rather than driving around in something that makes them
look tough.

Like I said, there's much more to practicality in a car (like how much
/ for what you can use it, where you can use it, how much it holds,
etc...) than mileage. I also think it's a gross generalization to call
all pick up drivers insecure in their masculinity. Seems very narrow
minded. Tell me how much success you have hauling a pop up trailer or
a chord of lumber up a canyon road with a Soob... Im not bashing Soobs
at all, they serve a different purpose though. You can simply do more
with a pickup. Period.

And you pay for the privelege. Since I don't need to haul things and I can
borrow a truck to haul lumber, along with living smack dab in the middle of
a real city, I have a small Soob.
Ah, hell, I was thinking of Bob Thompson when I was talking about insecure
in masculinity. Jeff Davis. Assholepax. Etc.

Old July 29th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:30:38 -0700, "Two Buddha"
wrote:

Ah, hell, I was thinking of Bob Thompson when I was talking about insecure
in masculinity. Jeff Davis. Assholepax. Etc.

I drive a Subaru.

Exception to the rule. You should drive a truck. Fits your insecure
masculinity.

Old July 29th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:27:24 -0700, "Two Buddha"
wrote:

I'm on my third Sooooooob.

Just out of curiosity, did you modify/increase the width of the driver
seat yourself, or did you have it done professionally?

Just out of curiosity, when you expanded your asshole so your head would
fit, did you do it yourself by ****ing yourself up the ass, or did you have
Bob Thompson do it for you?

Old July 29th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

AstroPax wrote:

Trucks are more practical??? What a bunch of nonsense! The exact
opposite is true.

Trucks totally suck for day-to-day driving (unless you haul ****
day-to-day)...and they generally suck too much gas!

God had I known this would spark WW3...

All Im sayin is, the mileage DOES suck for trucks...

BUT if you'd like to do more than drive your ski-vehicle from your
suburban fortress up to the mountain on a snowy day, a Soob isn't gonna
cut it.

Sure if you predominatly do normal old day to day driving you're
flushing some money down the toilet (I doubt it makes up for the
inflated cost of an Outback)...but the one time you'd like to do
something and can't cuz you own a Soob, seems pretty unpractical to me,
let alone frustrating. It serves a different purpose, that's all.

Old July 29th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
AstroPax wrote:

Trucks totally suck for day-to-day driving (unless you haul ****
day-to-day)...and they generally suck too much gas!

We started driving on the ranch when we were tall enough to reach the
pedals. I like the 5 speed. It's my kind of transmission. I like the
22RE engine. It get's over 30 mpg tuned up. I like the short wheel base.
It's easy to park. I really love the reliability. It doesn't use any oil
between changes. It's the most economical, reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old July 29th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Yabahoobs wrote:

All Im sayin is, the mileage DOES suck for trucks...

Not mine. I routinely get 32 to 34 mpg on the hiway.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old July 29th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

AstroPax wrote:

AstroPax Photography
http://nikon.astropax.com
---

Bla, bla bla....

I like your photography. Good ****. Digital SLR produce those babies
?? I needs ta find me a public use darkroom in Utah.

Old July 29th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

AstroPax wrote:

?? I needs ta find me a public use darkroom in Utah.

Are you shooting 35mm film? If so, you might as well bite the bullet
and go all digital for 35mm applications. Not much of a difference as
long as you have a good digital SLR and some good glass to go along
with it.

I've made the switch but still shoot 35mm true B/W. I dunno...Somethin
about it...