New xc ski forum (

Old December 8th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default New xc ski forum (

A number of changes have been made to xcskiforum.com to accomodate ski
reports for all regions of the US, Canada and Europe.

wrote:
There's a new nordic ski forum http:
www.xcskiforum.com setup to discuss
nordic skiing and equipment. After searching the net for xc ski
equipment reviews, I was floored that there wasnt a real xc ski
commutity message board anywhere. So I set one up myself.

The success of xcskiforum.com will depend on people signing up and
contributing to the forum. Signing up for xcskiforum.com is completely
free, there are no popup banners and no advertisements. Just xc ski
content. I setup the board with my own $$ so that there could be a
community for xc skiers to discuss equipment, training, racing etc.
I encourage everyone on rec.skiing.nordic to come over and check out
xcskiforum.com. Since I just setup message board up I am looking for
feedback and comments on how to make it better and more useful for the
nordic skiing community.

Regards,

Gregg Bednorski
Owner/Designer xcskiforum.com

Old December 9th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ken Roberts

wrote
I have seen attempts of setting up similar forums
before, and they did not go anywhere.

Well here's an example of a skiing forum which _did_ go somewhe
Look at the "Telemark Talk Forum" linked from this page:
http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/

compare the amount of life and youth with the Usenet newsgroup which covers
a similar range of topics:

I've started posting on www.xcskiforums.com -- I notice I'm not the only one
from r.s.n who's there.

Ken

Old December 9th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

compare the amount of life and youth with the Usenet newsgroup which covers
a similar range of topics:

Ken, telemark and downhill sports in general more popular among youth.

Old December 9th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On 1 déc, 20:04, "WasGitchi" wrote:
Gregg,

Great idea!! I think that this site will work well with a lot of the
other great ski sites out there. I like the way each topic is in a
specific category.

Personnaly I just detest all thoses sublevels in a forum :
One loose an enormous amount of time going from one category to
another.
I like going rapidly through all topics and pick-up and participate to
something new or interesting. This is what a "forum" is meant for.

Talking about USENET forums, Google Groups does a great job at it.

A problem of php forum is that it can disappear, with all the archives
just like it came up.

The only problem with USENET unmoderated group is that a signle folk
can kill it with spams. See alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.

Laurent

Old December 11th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

I follow a number of photography discussion sites, and it's amazing how
much traffic goes through those sites (and there's a bunch of them)
compared to photo sites on rec.phototgraphy.*. So even though the ski
forum may repeat some of what's available here (and a few other sites),
I think it's a great idea to set up a forum. RSN is about 20-30 folks
who contribute regularly, and a forum has the potential to bring in a
lot more traffic. Also, a moderator can be a good thing. The rec groups
can get out of hand really quick.

Jay Wenner

Old December 17th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
bits

Change is hard for some people but fortunately not for me. Thanks for
creating the site. I will do my best to become a regular participant. I am a
newbie to this sport. While I have been using Usenet for over 12 years I
prefer your format and interface. Great job!

~ Bill

s.com...